Singer Taylor Swift Named Most Powerful Woman In The British Music Industry: UK Media Power List
The singer Taylor Swift has been named the most powerful musician in the UK’s media by the Guardian’s annual list of the most powerful people in U.K. media – MediaGuardian 100 poll.
In her first appearance in the list, topped for the 4th time by Larry Page, chief executive of Google, Taylor Swift is the only woman, and only musician in the top 10. While British music executive and Tv mogul Cowell places at number 18.
So, what worked in Taylor Swift’s favor?
“She only came to our attention when she pulled her back-catalogue from Spotify, almost singlehandedly bringing the issue of artist remuneration into the spotlight,” The Guardian cited.
Taylor Swift removed all her music from the music streaming site in July, despite 25% of listeners having streamed her music. Artists receive between $0.006 and $0.0084 per play of their track, and Taylor Swift wrote, “Valuable things should be paid for … I hope [artists] don’t underestimate themselves or undervalue their art.”
This, according to the paper, established Swift as “the most powerful woman in the music industry.”
Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg is at No.2 and Apple’s Time Cook is at No.3.
Lena Dunham and Kim Kardashian made the cut at number 92 and number 100, respectively, Shonda Rhimes hit high at number 58, and YouTube star Zoella got herself an impressive spot at number 90.
Simon Cowell continued his music and TV domination at number 18, the revolutionary Russell Brand locked in number 37, and newly announced superhero Benedict Cumberbatch hit number 50!
The 2014 MediaGuardian 100 poll, compiled by editors at the U.K.’s Guardian newspaper, features those who boast the most pulling power and have had the biggest impact on national art, advertising, technology and journalism in the past year.
1. Taking Action on Diversity Beyond Gender
2. Top 10 Most And Least Corrupt Countries In The World 2014
3. Top 50 richest people in Indonesia 2014
4. Shailene Woodley Tops IMDb’s Highest-Ranked Actresses: Top 10 Stars List Of 2014
5. The Art of Automated Personalization
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- Top 150 Colleges And Universities For Employability, 2018: Harvard, Caltech, MIT, Cambridge, And Stanford Tops - November 16, 2018
- The World’s Biggest Oil Consuming Countries - November 13, 2018
- Top 30 Colleges That Produced The Most Fortune 500 CEOs - November 12, 2018