Larry Page, Mark Zuckerberg and Tim Cook named the most influential people in UK media 2014
The Google co-founder and CEO Larry Page is the most powerful person in the UK media, according to The Guardian’s annual power list, the MediaGuardian 100.
The second spot is held by Facebook founder and chief executive Mark Zuckerberg, highlighting Facebook’s worldwide reach with a user base of 1.35 billion. Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO, took the 3rd spot, round out the top three of the Media 100, a list that ranks the most powerful and influential people in UK media.
For Larry Page, Google should do no less than create the future.
“In technology what we need is revolutionary change, not incremental change,” Page said earlier this year in an onstage interview.
1. Larry Page – Google CEO
2. Mark Zuckerberg – Facebook CEO
3. Tim Cook – Apple CEO
4. Tony Hall – BBC Director General
5. Jeff Bezos – Amazon CEO
6. Dick Costolo – Twitter CEO
7. Rupert Murdoch – News Corp and 21st Century Fox CEO
8. Lenny Henry – Actor
9. Paul Dacre and Martin Clarke – Daily Mail and MailOnline editors
10. Taylor Swift – Singer
11. Martin Sorrell – WPP Group CEO
12. Danny Cohen – Director of BBC TV
13. Jeremy Darroch – Sky CEO
14. Adam Crozier – ITV CEO
15. Peter Fincham – Director of ITV TV
16. Sajid Javid – Secretary of State for culture, media and sport
17. Rona Fairhead – BBC Trust chair
18. Simon Cowell – TV producer and personality
19. Sophie Turner Laing – Endemol/Shine/Core CEO
20. PewDiePie – YouTuber
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- The World’s Biggest Oil Consuming Countries - November 13, 2018
- Top 30 Colleges That Produced The Most Fortune 500 CEOs - November 12, 2018
- World’s Top 10 Countries With The Most Ultra-High Net Worth Individuals, 2018 - November 9, 2018