With a time travel-themed ceremony, the 2014 MTV Europe Music Awards held at The SSE Hydro arena on Sunday, November 9 in Glasgow, Scotland. The much awaited award ceremony, hosted by “Anaconda” rapper Nicki Minaj, the show celebrated its 20th anniversary, and featured many of our favorite music artists — including Charli XCX, Ariana Grande, Kiesza, and Nicki Minaj.
It was the Europe Music Awards 20th anniversary, and the first EMA to be held in Scotland since 2003.
Unsurprisingly, the British pop group, One Direction won 3 awards Best Pop Act, Best Live, and Biggest Fans. Katy Perry, Ariana Grande, and 5 Seconds of Summer won 2 awards each, while host Nicki Minaj picked up the prize for Best Hip-Hop Act.
Check out the full list of 2014 MTV Europe Music Awards (EMA) winners below:
1. Best Song: Ariana Grande, “Problem” ft. Iggy Azalea
2. Best Pop: One Direction
4. Best Male: Justin Bieber
5. Artist On The Rise: 5 Seconds Of Summer
6. Best Live: One Direction
7. Best New: 5 Seconds Of Summer
8. Best Video: Katy Perry, “Dark Horse” ft. Juicy J
9. Best Rock: Linkin Park
10. Best Alternative: Thirty Seconds To Mars
11. Best Hip Hop: Nicki Minaj
12. Best Electronic: Calvin Harris
13. Best Song With A Message: Beyoncé, “Pretty Hurts”
14. Biggest Fans: One Direction
15. Best Look: Katy Perry
16. Best PUSH: 5 Seconds Of Summer
17. Best World Stage: Enrique Iglesias
18. Best Worldwide: Bibi Zhou (Southeast Asia / China & Hong Kong / Taiwan)
19. Global Icon: Ozzy Osbourne