The 20 Most Powerful People In The world For 2014: Putin Tops
For the second year running, Russian President Vladimir Putin has been named the most powerful person in the world. Meanwhile, Barack Obama, the President of the United States took second place to Putin in the Forbes list of the 72 most powerful people in the world.
Chinese communist leader Xi Jinping rounded out the top three. With the exception of Pope Francis, the top 6 people are all in politics.
This year there are 12 new figures on the list, including Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, is ranked 15th.
At the young age of 30, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg is the youngest man to feature in the power list at 22nd position.
World’s power list has totally 72 members among which 9 are women. This year 2 women has taken the top 10 positions, with German Chancellor Angela Merkel in the 5th slot and US Federal Reserve chair Janet Yellen in the 6th place.
“We insist the people on our list wield the kind of power that shapes and bends the world, and moves people, markets, armies and minds,” the magazine wrote. As a result, here are the world’s 20 most powerful people:
1. Vladimir Putin, President of Russia
2. Barack Obama, President of the US
4. Pope Francis, Head of the Roman Catholic Church
5. Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany
6. Janet Yellen, Chair of the Board of Governors of the United States Federal Reserve System
7. Bill Gates, Co-chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
8. Mario Draghi, President of the European Central Bank
9. Sergey Brin and Larry Page, Cofounders of Google
10. David Cameron, Prime minister of the United Kingdom
11. Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud, King of Saudi Arabia
12. Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway
13. Li Keqiang, Premier of China
14. Carlos Slim Helu, Honorary chairman of América Móvil
15. Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India
18. Jamie Dimon, CEO of JPMorgan Chase
19. Ali Hoseini-Khamenei, Grand Ayatollah of Iran
20. Rex Tillerson, CEO of Exxon Mobil
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- Top 150 Colleges And Universities For Employability, 2018: Harvard, Caltech, MIT, Cambridge, And Stanford Tops - November 16, 2018
- The World’s Biggest Oil Consuming Countries - November 13, 2018
- Top 30 Colleges That Produced The Most Fortune 500 CEOs - November 12, 2018