From high-end designers to big box clothes retailers, fashion and style has made some people very, very rich.
Ralph Lauren, topped the Richest Fashion Billionaires List 2014, came in at number 1 with a net worth of $8 billion, no stranger to the list, Victoria’s Secret’s Leslie Wexner is just a few notches below at number 2 with a net worth of $6.3 billion.
Michael Kors ($900 million), a New York City-based fashion designer widely known for designing classic American sportswear for women and Tory Burch ($970 million) nearly made the list, but came up shy of the $1.55 billion cutoff.
I’ve decide not to include the Walton family members, which owns Wal-Mart (not exclusively in the fashion business), on the list of the wealthiest people in fashion.
We took a look at the data on Forbes 400 billionaires list 2014 (which lists the net worth of the America’s wealthiest) to determine the 11 richest people in fashion:
1. Ralph Lauren, Bronx-born fashion designer is best known for his preppy Polo Ralph Lauren brand, Chairman and CEO, Ralph Lauren, worth $8 billion
Forbes billionaires rank: 59
2. Leslie Wexner, currently chairman and CEO of the L Brands corporation, which operates Victoria’s Secret, Abercrombie & Fitch, and Express, among other major mall chains. worth $6.3 billion.
Forbes billionaires rank: 77
3. Do Won and Jin Sook Chang, Forever 21 founders, husband and wife team, worth $5.2 billion
Forbes billionaires rank: 94
4. Doris F. Fisher, co-founded The Gap clothing and accessories retailer with her husband, Donald Fisher, worth $3.3 billion. And her sons, Robert, William, and John are worth a combined $7.2 billion.
Forbes billionaires rank: 177
5. John Fisher, President, Pisces, Inc., youngest son of Gap founders Doris and Donald Fisher, worth $2.9 billion.
Forbes billionaires rank: 216
6. Robert Fisher, Director, Gap, one of three sons of Gap founders Donald and Doris Fisher, serves on the board of the apparel empire, worth $1.99 billion.
Forbes billionaires rank: 331
7. William Fisher, Director, Gap, one of three sons of Gap founders Donald and Doris Fisher, worth $1.97 billion.
Forbes billionaires rank: 332
8. Anne Gittinger, worth $1.6 billion.
Forbes billionaires rank: 393
9. Richard Hayne, worth $1.6 billion
Forbes billionaires rank: 397
10. Bruce Nordstrom, worth $1.55 billion
Forbes billionaires rank: 391
Follow me on Twitter @ceoworld & Facebook @amarendrab.
Track Latest News Live on CEOWORLD magazine and get news updates from the United States and around the world. The views expressed are those of the author and are not necessarily those of the CEOWORLD magazine. Follow CEOWORLD magazine on Twitter and Facebook. For media queries, please contact: email@example.com