What do you declare as the song of summer, 2014?
The 2014 Song of the Summer is Calvin Harris’s appropriately named song “Summer,” which was the most streamed song internationally over the past 3 months. Is there a more aptly named song of the summer? Nope.
Ariana Grande’s Problem ft Iggy Azalea is 2nd on Spotify’s global list, with 3rd place going to reggae fusion group Magic! for their debut track Rude, but BnbData Consultancy Services begs to differ. According to the BnbData, Iggy Azalea’s “Fancy,” is the most popular songs.
What do you guys think? Safe to call Scottish DJ/singer/songwriter Calvin Harris’ jam the official song of summer 2014?
As the summer comes to a close, every summer has one. That song you just can’t stop playing eve-ry-where. So what is 2014’s song of the summer?
Most streamed songs of the Summer – Global
1. Calvin Harris – Summer
2. Ariana Grande feat. Iggy Azalea – Problem
3. Magic! – Rude
4. Iggy Azalea – Fancy
5. Jason Derulo feat. Snoop Dogg – Wiggle
6. Nico & Vinz – Am I Wrong
7. Coldplay – A Sky Full Of Stars
8. Clean Bandit feat. Jess Glynne – Rather Be
9. Sam Smith – Stay With Me
10. David Guetta feat. Vassy – Bad (Radio Edit)
However when it comes to just the U.S. of A., Iggy did beat out Calvin Harris as the most-streamed artist, and she once again appears twice on the top ten list. Here are the top U.S. songs of the summer 2014:
1. Iggy Azalea, “Fancy”
2. Magic!, “Rude”
3. Ariana Grande ft. Iggy Azalea, “Problem”
4. Nico & Vinz, “Am I Wrong”
5. Calvin Harris, “Summer”
6. Disclosure, “Latch”
7. Sia, “Chandelier”
8. MKTO, “Classic”
9. Jason Derulo ft. Snoop Dogg, “Wiggle”
10. Sam Smith, “Stay With Me”
Calvin Harris was named the richest DJ on Earth. Check out the full rich DJ list below:
1. Calvin Harris, $66 million
2. David Guetta, $30 million
3. Avicii, $28 million (tie)
3. Tiësto, $28 million (tie)
5. Steve Aoki, $23 million
6. Afrojack, $22 million
7. Zedd, $21 million
8. Kaskade, $17 million
9. Skrillex, $16.5 million
10. Deadmau5, $16 million
11. Hardwell, $13 million
12. Armin van Buuren, $12 million (tie)
12. Steve Angello, $12 million (tie)
What’s your song of the summer? Let us know in the comment or @ceoworld.Track Latest News Live on CEOWORLD magazine and get news updates from the United States and around the world. The views expressed are those of the author and are not necessarily those of the CEOWORLD magazine.
Follow CEOWORLD magazine headlines on: Google News, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Thank you for supporting our journalism. Subscribe here.
For media queries, please contact: email@example.com