The Top 25 Women From Around The World Changing The Way You Eat, Drink And Think About Food
Ertharin Cousin, the head of the United Nations World Food Programme, has landed at No. 1 on a list of the world’s most “innovative & groundbreaking” women in Food and Drink from around the world, compiled by Fortune and Food & Wine magazine.
While U.S. Rep. Chellie Pingree was ranked No. 2, for her efforts to reform the nation’s food policy, pushing for legislation that supports local, sustainable agriculture. The Magazine call their twenty-five recognized women “groundbreaking and innovative,” even if they’re “not on the the same scale as the big industry players, such as PepsiCo’s Indra Nooyi. The women who made the list, the Magazine said, are “permanently changing the way we eat and how we think about food.”
The list also includes Barbara Banke Stephanie Soechtig, Judy Chan, Liz Myslik, and Margo Wootan, director of nutrition policy, Center for Science in the Public Interest, TV personality and author Rachael Ray and Giada De Laurentiis.
Check out the full list:
1. Ertharin Cousin, the 12th Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme.
2. Chellie Pingree, congresswoman, Maine
3. Barbara Banke, chairman, Jackson Family Wines
4. Stephanie Soechtig, president, director, producer, Atlas Films
5. Judy Chan, CEO, Grace Vineyard
6. Liz Myslik, EVP, brand management, Fresca Foods, Inc.; CEO, Fresca Brands
7. Margo Wootan, director of nutrition policy, Center for Science in the Public Interest
8. Nancy Silverton, co-owner, Mozza Empire
9. Kellee James, founder and CEO, Mercais
10. Christina Tosi, chef, owner, founder, Milk Bar
11. Margaret Wittenberg, Global Vice President of Quality Standards, Whole Foods Market
12. Kirsten Saenz Tobey and Kristin Groos Richmond, Co-founders, Revolution Foods
—–Debra Eschmeyer, Co-founder and VP of External Affairs, FoodCorps
13. Avani Davda, CEO, Tata Starbucks – the only Indian featured
14. Laura Alber, CEO and President, Williams-Sonoma
15. Kim Jordan, Co-founder and CEO, New Belgium Brewing
16. Kylie Kwong, Restaurateur, Billy Kwong
17. Karla Chambers, Co-owner, Stahlbush Island Farms
18. Television Talents
- Giada De Laurentiis, TV Host/Author/Chef
- Rachael Ray, TV Host, Author, Philanthropist
19. Gina Gallo, Winemaker, E.&J. Gallo Winery
20. Annette Alvarez-Peters, Assistant General Merchandise Manager – Beverage Alcohol, Costco
21. Tracey Ryder and Carole Topalian, Co-founders, Edible Communities
22. Savvy Investors
- Kat Taylor, Eagle Cliff Partners
- Joanne Wilson, Gotham Gal Ventures
23. Severine von Tscharner Fleming, Director, Greenhorns
24. Ruth Oniang’o, Founder, Rural Outreach Africa
25. Lena Kwak, President and Co-founder, Cup4CupTrack Latest News Live on CEOWORLD magazine and get news updates from the United States and around the world. The views expressed are those of the author and are not necessarily those of the CEOWORLD magazine.
Follow CEOWORLD magazine headlines on: Google News, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Thank you for supporting our journalism. Subscribe here.
For media queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org