The 10 Most and Least Welcoming urban destinations in the World
Which city in the world is the friendliest for tourists? Or What one is the least friendly on the planet?
Auckland, New Zealand, and Melbourne, Australia have been named the world’s friendliest city and Johannesburg voted the least amiable, according to the prestigious US travel magazine, Conde Nast Traveler poll of welcoming (and unwelcoming) world cities. The cities in Australasia tied for 1st place.
The top spots included Auckland, New Zealand; Melbourne, Australia; Victoria, Canada; and Charleston in South Carolina, US, and the Irish capital, Dublin, was ranked 5th in the top ten of the world’s most welcoming urban destinations.
Meanwhile, a poll of friendliest and unfriendliest Cities in the United States ranks Charleston, South Carolina as the friendliest and Newark, New Jersey as the least friendly.
Johannesburg in South Africa was named as the least friendliest city, “It is not safe to travel in Johannesburg independently,” one reader warned, while others called the city “dangerous” and “a city of crime and contrasts.”
The number 2 on the list of unfriendly places might come as surprise: Cannes, home of the world’s most glamorous film festival.
THE Top 10 FRIENDLIEST CITIES IN THE WORLD
1. Auckland, New Zealand – Score: 86.0 (tie) – The people are friendly, and their humor and view on life is something to aspire to attain, a gorgeous city on the water” with “clear air,” “fresh food,” and “amazing culture.
2. Melbourne, Australia – Score: 86.0 (tie) – one of the classiest cities in the world, abundance of parks and fabulous public art.” Plus, Melbournians are a “friendly bunch,” famous for their “wonderful sense of humor.”
3. Victoria, BC, Canada
4. Charleston, South Carolina, US
5. Dublin, Ireland
5. Sydney, Australia
7. Siem Reap, Cambodia
8. Cape Town, South Africa
9. Savannah, Georgia, US
10. Seville, Spain
THE TOP 10 UNFRIENDLIEST CITIES IN THE WORLD
1. Johannesburg, South Africa
2. Cannes, France
3. Moscow, Russia
4. Paris, France
5. Marseilles, France
6. Beijing, China
7. Frankfurt, Germany
8. Milan, Italy
9. Monte Carlo, Monaco
10. Nassau, Bahamas
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- Top 30 Colleges That Produced The Most Fortune 500 CEOs - November 12, 2018
- World’s Top 10 Countries With The Most Ultra-High Net Worth Individuals, 2018 - November 9, 2018
- Share Of Unemployed Receiving Unemployment Benefits [Infographic] - November 9, 2018