The 5 Most Loserish Professional Sports Cities In The United States of America
Atlanta is the most miserable place in America to be a sports fan, followed by Phoenix, Cleveland, San Diego, Buffalo, Houston, Denver, Kansas City, Minneapolis, and Philadelphia, according to Forbes magazine.
The Magazine list includes major sports cities with 75 cumulative years in the NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL teams, past or present — not counting cities that have won a championship in the last 5 years.
– City has to have had a pro team for at least 75 cumulative years.
– No city that has won a title in the past five years is allowed on the list.
– Extra misery points for losing in the championship round (Super Bowl, World Series, NBA Finals, NHL Finals) and fewer points the further back you go in postseason.
– Losing a team to another city through relocation (we’re talking to you Sonics and Pilots fans)
No. 1: Atlanta
Teams: Falcons, Braves, Hawks, Thrashers, Flames
Championship Round Record: 1-5
Semifinal Round Record: 6-10
Last title: 1995
The Braves are perennial bridesmaids, the Falcons lost their only Super Bowl, and hockey has come and gone twice.
No. 2: Phoenix
Teams: Cardinals, Diamondbacks, Suns, Coyotes
Championship Round Record: 1-3
Semifinal Round Record: 4-9
Last title: 2001
Suns have been to the NBA playoffs 19 times, including the Western Conference Final eight times, with no rings
No. 3: Cleveland
Teams: Browns (two versions), Rams, Indians, Cavaliers, Barons
Championship Round Record: 7-9
Semifinal Round Record: 4-11
Last title: 1964
LeBron: deliver us from purgatory.
No. 4: San Diego
Teams: Chargers, Padres, Clippers, Rockets
Championship Round Record: 1-6
Semifinal Round Record: 3-3
Last title: 1963
A Chargers’ AFL title in 1963 is the only hardware the town has to show for five decades of major sports.
No. 5: Buffalo
Teams: Bills, Sabres, Braves
Championship Round Record: 2-6
Semifinal Round Record: 6-6
Last title: 1965
Sabres are 0-for-27 in Stanley Cup tries in the playoffs, Bills 0-4 in Super Bowls, and their NBA team didn’t last.
Full list of the most miserable sports cities for 2014:
4. San Diego
8. Kansas City
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- These Are The Most (And Least) Religious Countries In Europe, PEW Study - December 10, 2018
- The World’s Top 20 Largest Arms Producing Companies, 2017 - December 10, 2018
- These European Countries Spend The Most On Food - December 5, 2018