What Do You Think Is Necessary For Making It Big?
Yes, nearly everyone dreams of “Making It Big” one day, but only a few of them actually follow-through on their dreams. Are you curious to know if you’re one of them?
Here are some signs that suggests, you’re not only a dreamer with big-picture plans for success, but also an achiever on the fast-track to fame and success.
What do you think is necessary for “making it big” one day? I’d love to hear your thoughts!
- Well, it’s fine to “Dream Big,” but you should also “Think Big” in terms of the real world and what you can actually accomplish.
- Passion and Curiosity – I think, you’ve got to be passionate, curious, and excited about all areas of the industry, biz, and so on. Crucially, curiosity helps us approach uncertainty.
- Don’t set vague and cliché goals like “I want to be successful.” – Set a Clear Goal.
- Confidence – without confidence in yourself and your abilities, you can easily get crushed by criticism and/or negativity, which gets translated into self-destructive and self-sabotaging behaviors.
- You’ve to have a deep self-belief that you’re going to make it.
- What’s the difference between people who never achieve their dreams and people who reach their dreams?
Ask the Right Questions?
Q = What do you really want?
A = …
Q = What is your real goal?
A = …
Q = What are you prepared to give up?
A = …
Q = What goals do you want to achieve?
A = …
Q = Who do you want to become by achieving these goals?
A = …
Q = What are you ready to give up about who you are now in order to become who you want to be?
A = …
- You need to have a dream (A Big One!) – even if it’s a little vague – is crucial for success. Before you can start your journey, you need to have a goal in mind! – Let’s Dream big but ACT even BIGGER!
- Find people ( mentor, coach ,family members, experts, anyone you can be trust) who can support you in making these dream come true.
- The trick to making it BIG one day is simple: there is no trick. We tend to look for magical solutions when what’s needed is persistence and consistent work.
Here are some of the standout quotes:
- “Building great brands is a mix of magic and logic, a blend of art and science.”
- “There’s never been such a premium on creativity. It must cut be used to cut through the clutter.”
- “Whether you work in social, mobile or data you need to step back & think about how to simplify”
- “Move from ‘marketing to people’, to ‘marketing with people’.”
By Keith Weed, Chief Marketing and Communications Officer at Unilever, he is also a non-Executive Director of Sun Products Corporation. You can follow Keith on Twitter @keithweed.
- “The heart knows today what the mind will learn tomorrow.”
- “We are all born creative. We just got it educated out of us.”
By Tham Khai Meng, Worldwide Chief Creative Officer & Chairman, WW Creative Council Ogilvy & Mather. You can follow Tham on Twitter @ThamKhaiMeng.
“More than ever before, culture is defined by mass society. Our job as marketers is to nurture it.” – Gannon Jones, Head of Brand Marketing at MillerCoors. You can follow Gannon on Twitter @gannon_jones.
- “Silence is not an option in a socially networked world.” “We have to do work that matters. It’s not more, it’s more GOOD.” – Wendy Clark
- “We produce 15 percent of the content. Consumers produce 85 percent.” – Wendy Clark
- “Speed trumps perfection.” – Wendy Clark
- “We have to do work that matters. It’s not more, it’s more GOOD.” – Wendy Clark
By Wendy Clark, Senior Vice President, Integrated Marketing Communications and Capabilities at The Coca-Cola Company. You can follow Wendy on twitter @wnd.
“An important part of a work relationship is shared values: What is authentically you and what is authentically us?” – Steve Stoute, Founder and CEO of the brand development and marketing firm Translation. You can follow Steve on Twitter @SteveStoute.
“We need to push the envelope by creating more immersive non-linear stories.” – Gaston Legorburu, Worldwide Chief Creative Officer at SapientNitro. You can follow Gaston on twitter @gastonleg.
“The new role of agencies is designers of narrative spaces for brands.” – Sid Bhatt, CEO of Aarki, a leader in interactive and creative advertising technology. You can follow Sid on Twitter @Sid_Aarki.
- “If you don’t make mistakes you’re no longer on the frontier. The mistakes you make should be mistakes no one has ever made before.”
- “No one is dumb who is curious.”
By Neil deGrasse Tyson @neiltyson – Astrophysicist
Did you LOVE this article? Did you HATE it? Talk to me on Twitter @ceoworld.
Want your business advice featured in CEOWORLD Magazine? Submit your tips to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your article (700+ words & an unpublished work), your name, your job title, a photo of yourself, social links in your email.
Latest posts by Jessica Todd Swift
- 11 Ways For 2019 To Improve Your Credit Score - November 6, 2018
- Best Custom Enamel Pin Manufacturer: 5 Tips To Find Out The Right Pin Maker - November 1, 2018
- 6 Company Gifts You Should Consider For Your Employees - November 1, 2018