Here are some practical guideline for deciding whether or not your CEO is actually a Geek, a mega techie, or anything in between. It can be confusing! What makes him a geek?
It is helpful to know what you are getting into.
1. He can easily recite more than 25 different operating system (OS) and software-release dates. But he can’t remember his mother’s birthday.
2. Yes, his computer monitor is set up in portrait-orientation.
3. Ofcourse everyone always want/ask for his advice on which Laptop/Computer/tablet, smart phone, TV, and camera to buy next. And ways to buy it cheap.
4. His work clothing is primarily a t-shirt, jeans, and sneakers.
5. He uses jargon or unfamiliar words like open source, big-data, MMORPG, There’s an app for that, Hadoop, XML, cache, servers, APIs, and data warehousing in their dialogue, without blinking. They are all part of his vocabulary.
6. He’s very proud of his unique intelligence and unusual hobbies.
7. Abnormal office modifications – pay close attention to your surroundings. His office is overrun with gadgets and wires. That is all I need to say about that.
8. He can be prone to being pretentious, especially when the project happens to land on his passion.
9. And if his secretary, she knows the difference between Star Wars and Star Trek, it’s fairly likely that your CEO is actually a Geek.
10. If you have read through this list nodding and smiling.
Congratulations, Your CEO Is Actually A Geek.