Opened in 1841, ESMOD International fashion design and business school has remained at the forefront of French fashion in one of the world’s fashion capitals, Paris – a learning tool and a source of inspiration for our students. Our curriculum covers all fashion professions and offers degrees in Fashion Design, Pattern making and Fashion business, at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Long history, unique teaching methods and international network make ESMOD the best place to study fashion in Paris.
Five words that capture the essence of ESMOD are: creation, creativity, technicality, innovation. and skill.
Establish year: 1841
Institutional control (public/private): Private
Accreditation/affiliations: RNCP, French Ministry of Culture & Communication, CNAM, CAMPUS FRANCE
Number of international Institute/university partnership: Cornell University (USA), Trier University (Germany), Istituto Europeo Di Design (Italy), Universidad Politecnica de Madrid (Spain)
- Global rankings: #7 Best Fashion Schools In The World, 2016.
- European rankings: #5 Best Fashion Schools In Europe, 2016.
Each organization determines rankings differently and methodologies change over time.
12, rue de la Rochefoucauld – 75009 PARIS
Telephone: +33 (0)1 44 83 81 50 | Fax:+33 (0)1 48 24 29 59
Web: www.esmod.com | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Social media accounts:
International network and cultural diversity:
ESMOD is a network of 22 schools in 14 different countries which provides a foundation of training adapted to the culture and market of each country where they operate. This close-knit, enriching network allows both current students and alumni to stay connected.
ESMOD is present in: Beijing, Berlin, Bordeaux, Beirut, Damascus, Dubaï, Guangzhou, Istanbul, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Lyon, Moscow, Oslo, Paris, Rennes, Roubaix, Seoul, Sousse, Tokyo and Tunis. This network allows our students to take the best advantage of international study experiences.
DATA ON FACULTY AND STAFF
Number of full-time faculty: 32
Number of full-time equivalent faculty: 21
Number of international faculty: 7
Number of female faculty: 44
The group in France welcomes over 400 international students:
More than 21.000 professional contacts offering job opportunities to our students . With a strong network of important contacts, ESMOD can easily support its students in their career success.
ESMOD’s alumni includes: Olivier Rousteing (BALMAIN), Catherine Malandrino, Dice Kayek, Suzie Menkes, Jérôme Dreyfuss, Alexandre Vauthier …
Former students work at : Balmain, Hugo Boss, Colette, ELLE, Chanel, Celio, Showroom Privé, H&M, Grazia, Zara, Burberry, Vogue, Abercrombie & Fitch, Jean-Paul Gaultier, The Kooples, Dior, Swarovski, Hermès, Jason Wu, Alexander Wang.
DATA ON STUDENTS (UNDERGRADUATE, MASTER’S, AND DOCTORAL-LEVEL)
Number of students: 975
Number of female students: 808
Number of international students: 500
Class Sizes: 22-30 students
Famous Students/Grads/Alumni names: Olivier Rousteing (BALMAIN), Catherine Malandrino, Dice Kayek, Suzie Menkes, Jérôme Dreyfuss, Alexandre Vauthier
PROGRAMS at the ESMOD International:
1. Fashion Design & Creation (3 years): This program allows students to acquire excellent technical skill while simultaneously developing and refining their creative abilities. Our students are able to design and construct a collection of clothing and accessories in various domains of the fashion industry, specializing in a specific market in their final year.
2. Fashion Business Strategy & Communication (3 years): This program is dedicated to the business of fashion, specializing in marketing, communications and distribution in the designer and luxury market, including textiles and accessories. Over three years students will learn not only the current practices of fashion marketing and communication but also how to apply them through practical applications and group projects. In addition students will develop their overall proficiency in the world of fashion.
1. Fashion Design : “Designer/Design Director” (2 year) : A training that permits to have access to the creator/ director positions in the creation, which has a role to orientate and to guide the artistic teams of creation and of conception for their own account or of a brand.
2. Fashion Business: “Director of International Development Marketing & Commercial Fashion & Luxury” (2 years): This program train the high level responsibles for specificities of the products in the fashion and the French luxury in the international context.
Intensive course in Fashion Design & Creation (1 year)
Foundation course (6 months)
Evening course in Fashion Design & Pattern Making (1 year)
Summer Courses – Fashion Design, Pattern Making & Fashion Business (15 days to 1 month)
DATA ON PROGRAMS
Short-cycle tertiary education (Certificate Programs)
Bachelor or equivalent
Master or equivalent
Fashion Design & Creation Undergraduate Program
Undergraduate in Fashion Business Strategy & Communication
Postgraduate Program in Fashion Design & Creation: « Créateur, Directeur de la Création »
Postgraduate Program in Fashion Business : “Directeur du Développement International Marketing et Commercial Mode & Luxe”
Short-cycle programs : Evening courses, Summer courses, Foundation program in Fashion Design & Business
Programs and Specialties:
Fashion Design, Pattern Making / 3rd year specializations: Womenswear, Menswear, Children’s Fashion, Accessories, Lingerie, Traditional Nouvelle Couture, Luxury Nouvelle Couture, Knitwear and Costume Design
Methods of Delivery: Online/mixed/ fulltime (+ 3 to 6 months internship)
Tuition costs: 10 550 € (undergraduate) / 12900 € (Postgraduate)
Number of languages on offer: 4 / French (as a foreign language), English, Italian, Spanish