As the social media landscape evolves, the next generation workforce who’ve grown up with LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook as an essential part of their daily lives will be entering the job market.
Social media knowledge, skills, and abilities will just become expected competencies, and employers will not consider proficiency in the field as a stand-out qualification. But individuals can act. Ask yourself, what is your main skill? Can you develop a new skill? Should you start now?
What’s The Future of Social Media Managers and Consultant?
Interestingly, technology is constantly changing, and you need to change to adapt to it so you need to constantly develop your skills if you want to remain relevant. I’ve compiled a list of the most powerful Social Media consultants, experts and digital gurus to watch on Twitter.
The Most Powerful Woman – Consultants, Experts & Gurus in Social Media
1) Ann Tran – social media consultant, travel writer, and influencer, a regular contributor to Huffington Post. You can follow Ann on twitter @anntran_.
2) Jessica Northey – She is the host of #CMchat on Twitter and TWANGOUT on Google+. Follow her on Twitter.
3) Liz Strauss – She runs SOBCon and social business strategist. She’s currently taking on the challenge of cancer. Follow her on Twitter.
4) Mari Smith, one of the world’s leading social media strategists and widely recognized as one of the top Facebook marketing experts. You can follow Mari Smith on Twitter: @MariSmith.
5) Ann Handley. Ann manages the content factory that is marketingprofs, a site that is producing better and better social media content, as well as being a content marketing expert in her own right. Follow her on Twitter.
6) Eve Mayer - Officially a LinkedIn expert writes about a diverse range of social media issues and tools – Pinterest, Instagram, Google +. Follow her on Twitter.
7) Lori Ruff - LinkedIn specialist who recently launched a new advisory service to guide companies on the use of the LinkedIn platform. Follow her on Twitter.
8) Renee Blodgett – CEO and founder of Magic Sauce Media and We Blog the World; deep seated social media marketing, branding, marketing, and PR expertise with a long chain of references and endorsements from mainstream media. Follow her on Twitter.
9) Kim Garst - Advice on a mixture of social media tools: Google Hangouts, Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram etc. Follow her on Twitter.
11) Viveka von Rosen – Viveka is primarily a linkedIn expert, Speaker, and social media trainer on the benefits of marketing with social media, and in particular LinkedIn. @LinkedInExpert | Linkedin | Web.
13) Lilach Bullock – Founder of Socialable, a social media marketing consultant, internet mentor and genuine digital guru with a strong following and some nice comparison work that looks at Pinterest, Facebook, earned media and more. @Lilachbullock | Linkedin.
14) Marsha Collier – She is the author of more than 35 books, many of them in the social area, particularly around social media and customer service. Her latest books ‘Social Media Commerce For Dummies’ and ‘The Ultimate Online Customer Service Guide: How to Connect with your Customers to Sell More’ gives businesses insight into how to use Social Media to build customer relations and bottom line. @Marshcollier | +MarshaCollier.
16) Charlene Li – Founder of Altimeter Group and the author of the New York Times bestseller, Open Leadership. She is one of the foremost experts on social media and technologies and a consultant and independent thought leader on leadership, strategy, social technologies, interactive media and marketing. @charleneli | Linkedin.
17) Pam Dyer – Marketing manager at SolutionsIQ, a comprehensive solution for companies seeking to adopt Agile practices, from the team level to executive management. She also author Pamorama, a blog that helps businesses understand how to use social media and content marketing initiatives to find leads, increase sales, and improve branding via Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, and other social networks. @pamdyer | Linkedin | Web.
18) Sandi Krakowski – Sandi is a Facebook marketing expert and help small business owners and big corporations utilize the online space and social media for brand awareness, company growth and client loyalty. @sandikrakowski | Linkedin | Web.
21) Lori Taylor – CEO & Founder of REV Media Marketing, Social Media Technologist, and Speaker, she writes an eclectic blog covering Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and general social media tips but her main work is in social media and direct response. @lorirtaylor | Linkedin | Web.
23) Amber Naslund – Co-Founder & President at SideraWorks, Social Business and Organizational Change. Author, Keynote Speaker, to help companies better understand the culture they have, and help them create the culture they want. @AmberCadabra | Linkedin.
24) Gini Dietrich – the founder and CEO of Arment Dietrich, a Chicago-based integrated marketing communications firm. She also is the founder of the professional development site for PR and marketing pros, Spin Sucks Pro, and co-author of Marketing In the Round. @ginidietrich | Linkedin.
25) Shelly DeMotte Kramer – the Founder and Chief Imagination Officer of V3 Integrated Marketing and Kramer & Co, she’s a strategist, brand builder, deep thinker, information junkie, communicator extraordinaire, buzz builder and lover of all things related to digital marketing and social media. @ShellyKramer | Linkedin.
26) Jill Rowley, Founder & Chief Evangelist, Jill continues to show herself as more than just a sales rep, but a trusted advisor in the area of sales lead management and the new world of buyer driven marketing and sales. You can follow Jill Rowley on Twitter: @jill_rowley.
27) Wendy S Lea, an accomplished leader and passionate innovator, Wendy has over 25 years of experience in the sales and marketing industry. An expert in multi-channel strategy, Wendy has served as a CEO, corporate executive, angel investor, strategic advisor and board member to dozens of innovative start-ups and public companies. You can follow Wendy S Lea on Twitter: @WendySLea.
28) Ekaterina Walter, a recognized thought-leader, Co-founder & CMO at BRANDERATI. She excels at crafting scalable global strategies and building strong brands. You can follow Ekaterina Walter on Twitter: @Ekaterina.
29) Meghan M. Biro, a talent strategist, practitioner, speaker and author who operates as CEO of TalentCulture Consulting Group. You can find Meghan M. Biro on Twitter: @MeghanMBiro.
30) Lori Richardson, the founder and CEO of Score More Sales. Lori is a thought leader on B2B front-line sales growth and works with (or in conjunction with) technology brands worldwide. You can follow Lori Richardson on Twitter: @scoremoresales.
31) Trish Bertuzzi, President & Chief Strategist, help B2B technology companies build world-class Inside Sales teams. You can follow Trish Bertuzzi on Twitter: @bridgegroupinc.
32) Jill Konrath, a business-to-business sales expert, help salespeople, entrepreneurs and business professionals increase sales to the corporate market. You can follow Jill Konrath on Twitter: @jillkonrath.
33) Josiane Feigon, a pioneer, maverick, and visionary in the inside sales community. Josiane is one of the world’s leading experts on inside sales team and management talent. You can follow Josiane Feigon on Twitter: @JosianeFeigon.
34) Joanne Black, leading authority on referral selling. You can follow Joanne Black on Twitter: @ReferralSales.
35) Cheryl Burgess, Chief Marketing Officer at Blue Focus Marketing, an award-winning U.S. social branding firm. You can also follow Cheryl Burgess on Twitter @ckburgess.
36) Vanessa DiMauro, the founder and CEO of Leader Networks, a research and strategy consulting company that helps organizations succeed in social business and B2B online community building. You can follow Vanessa DiMauro on Twitter: @vdimauro.
37) Elinor Stutz, the CEO of Smooth Sale, an Inspirational Speaker, Author and Trainer known worldwide. You can follow Elinor Stutz on Twitter: @smoothsale.
38) Becky Carroll, long-time customer advocate and someone who is passionate about social media, marketing, and the customer experience. You can follow Becky Carroll on Twitter: @bcarroll7.
If you liked this post, you might also like these:
- What CEOs can learn from Abraham Lincoln and Steve Jobs?
- What Is The Difference Between Capable And Driven Executives?
- Why I Prefer Deadlines Over Details: Successful Product Launch?
- Has The fashion world become one of the most digital-forward industries?
- Top Chief Security Officers (CSOs) to Follow on Twitter
What do you think? What conventional advice do you ignore? Share in the comments!
Latest posts by Bettina Padurano (see all)
- How To Best Take Advantage Of The New Twitter Profile? - May 22, 2014
- Are Social Media Managers And Consultants Becoming Obsolete? - April 1, 2014
- The Hottest CEO In The Business World: Sexiest Chief Executives - December 5, 2013