A Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) degree can give business professionals, managers, leaders, and executives an edge in the cutthroat world of business and stepping-stone for success. For the 2014 edition of our “The Best Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) degree ranking” we’ve placed greater emphasis on tuition value, program flexibility, and the availability of specialization options.
The big question is which schools have the best Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) Programs? Our results are based on an extensive survey, over five thousand of our readers responded, of which 79 percent had attended business school and 81 percent had hiring experience.
We wish you the best of luck in your business school search for Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) programs!!!
1) IE Business School – The DBA Program at IE Business School is a four year blended part time program aimed at outstanding managers. It provides business professionals with fundamental knowledge about the science of management with a special focus on research methods, including quantitative and qualitative methods.
2) Harvard Business School – The mission of the Harvard Business School’s Doctoral Programs is to educate managers and business leaders who make a difference in the world. All HBS Doctoral Programs are designed to facilitate research above all other activities. More than 200 strong, HBS faculty are distinguished leaders in their fields.
3) Manchester Business School – The part-time DBA is aimed at global executives seeking a high level postgraduate qualification, without putting their careers on hold. It offers you the opportunity to study a real business issue in depth and then immediately apply that knowledge in your working life, directly improving commercial outcomes within your organisation and beyond.
4) Grenoble École de Management – The Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA) offered by Grenoble Ecole de Management is a research-based degree which is the highest-level business qualification attainable. It is a unique, research-based, issue-driven qualification that culminates in a doctoral degree (Doctor of Business Administration).
5) Cranfield University – The programme enables senior managers to conduct valuable doctoral-level research on a part-time basis, over four-six years, whilst remaining employed. This unique, research-based, practice-driven programme provides a route to a doctorate level qualification that enables participants to develop leading-edge thinking, through use of the latest research tools and techniques.
6) Maastricht School of Management – With a DBA degree graduates are armed to find creative solutions at the very frontier of management challenges. The content of the degree – coursework in the first year and applied fieldwork/ research in the remaining three years – is based on applied research and research in application.
7) City University of Hong Kong – DBA programme at City University of Hong Kong is designed for senior executives who are eager to engage in rigorous business research with practical and societal impacts.
8) Aston Business School – The Aston Executive Doctorate offers an opportunity for leaders to work at the interface of advanced research and business to ensure unique and powerful breakthroughs in understanding how we can develop effective organisations.
9) Georgia State University – The purpose of the Executive Doctorate in Business program is to advance the development and practice of effective organizational leadership by providing senior-level executives with Knowledge and expertise required to identify, understand and successfully tackle the interdisciplinary, big-picture issues that characterize global business management today.
10) University of Reading – The Henley Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA) is a part-time professional doctoral degree with an international scope and reputation, designed to enhance executive and professional practice through the application of sound theory and rigorous research into real and complex issues in business and management. The programme will be of particular benefit to experienced senior executives, consultants, management educators and business school academics.