What will be the future of the fashion industry in 2014 and who will determine? So, let the games begin, we have hand-picked this list of best Of the best fashion designers and executives to watch in 2014. So, what happens next?
We’re watching these “Fashion Designers And Executives” because they’re almost guaranteed to make news in 2014. Some of them are already pretty famous. Here’s our list.
Angela Ahrendts – She is the Chief Executive Officer at Burberry, a British luxury fashion house. She’s also been listed as one of the highest-paid CEO in the United Kingdom. ngela previously held various senior appointments, including the position of Executive Vice President at Liz Claiborne Inc between 1998 and 2006, Executive Vice President of Henri Bendel from 1996 to 1998 and President of Donna Karan International from 1989 to 1996.
Thom Browne – Thom Browne is an American fashion designer. he began his career designing men’s bespoke clothing and expanded his line into a full ready-to-wear collection in 2004. Browne’s style, rooted in a truly American sensibility and inspired by icons of the late 1950s and early 1960s, updates classic silhouettes with unexpected proportions.
Janie Bryant – Costume designer at one of the most popular television show Mad Men. Janie Bryant studied drawing and painting at Georgia State University, but she soon moved on to pursue fashion design at the American College of the Applied Arts. She moved to Paris and then to New York, where she learned the craft from designer John Scher. After meeting a costume designer at a party, Bryant found her calling and began to work on movies and commercials in Manhattan.
Dov Charney – Founder and CEO at American Apparel, a clothing manufacturer, wholesaler, and retailer which he started at age 20. His vision of a vertically integrated, sweatshop-free company was realized in downtown Los Angeles in 1997. Today, the company stands as the America’s largest domestic clothing manufacturer, a remarkable feat considering Charney is an immigrant himself.
Grace Coddington – Creative director at Vogue, While Anna Wintour holds the top title at Vogue, Coddington is more involved in the creative direction and styling of the iconic magazine.
Marc Jacobs – Head designer for Marc Jacobs, Marc by Marc Jacobs, and creative director for Louis Vuitton. Jacobs has dressed countless celebrities, and has designed some of the most iconic handbags of our time at Louis Vuitton. His highly-successful Marc by Marc Jacobs line is sold in thousands of department stores around the world.
Michael Kors – Michael Kors’ fashion brand has exploded as one of the top names in the fashion industry. His handbags and watches are among the most desired in the world. Michael Kors is a rapidly growing global luxury lifestyle brand, established in 1981, currently produces a range of products through his Michael Kors and MICHAEL Michael Kors labels, including accessories, footwear, watches, jewelry, men’s and women’s ready-to-wear, eyewear and a full line of fragrance products. Michael Kors stores are located in some of the most prestigious cities in the world, including New York, Beverly Hills, Chicago, London, Milan, Paris, Munich, Istanbul, Dubai, Seoul, Tokyo and Hong Kong.
Recommended To You
- Cool And Extraordinary Women to watch in 2014: Remarkable Female Leaders
- Are You Investigating New Job Opportunities: 10 Happiest Companies To Work For In The U.S.?
- Now you’re the CEO, What Percentage of Your Startup Should Go to Investors?
- Why Fast-growing American Tech Companies Always Seem To Dominate The Best Employers List?
- Leadership Lessons From King Arthur: Communication And Collaboration
- How To Conduct A Well Turned Online Meeting?
- 6 Critical Success Factors for Effective Execution
- Most Influential Finance Books Of All Time That Every Wall Streeter And Senior Executives Should Read
- 11 Ways You Know You Might Be The Next Generation CEO-ready Executive
- How These Tech Trends Could Make You Billions Of Dollars In 2014?
Latest posts by Caroline Mittermair (see all)
- Best Of The Best Fashion Designers And Executives To Watch In 2014 - December 17, 2013
- Are CEOs Prepared for the Future of Work? - November 12, 2013
- Spotify, The Music Streaming Service, Available On Samsung Smart TVs In Greece - October 2, 2013