Spotify, the fast-growing music-streaming service, has quietly launched its service in four new markets, Taiwan, Turkey, Greece and Argentina — expanding its reach to 32 markets worldwide, including the United States and most of Europe.
Launched in 2008, the Stockholm-based company has more than 24 million active users and over 6 million paying subscribers globally, as of March 2013.
“Hello Argentina, Taiwan, Greece and Turkey – Spotify here!” the digital music company said in a blog post announcing the territory launches on Tuesday. “Do you know anyone in Argentina, Taiwan, Greece and Turkey that would love to have the best music for every moment? Send them a song today!”
The streaming service offers its users 3 options:
1) Basic (includes ad) - you can listen to millions of songs on your laptop and desktop for FREE!!!
2) Unlimited (ad-free) - 49,00 kr per month; ad-free playback on laptop and desktop
3) Premium (ad-free) - 99,00 kr per month ; ad-free playback on all your devices — mobile and desktop, and also offers offline playback.
Spotify is in a very competitive market, with services like Pandora — which recently hit 200 million users. Apple recently launched its iRadio service for iTunes, while Google has been rolling out Google Play Music.
Meanwhile, Amazon.com said Tuesday that its Amazon Cloud Player is now available on the Sonos Wireless HiFi System in the U.K., allowing Amazon MP3 customers to listen to their music library throughout their home wirelessly.
Last month, Spotify’s holding company, Luxembourg’s Spotify Technologies SA, reported a net loss of €58.7 million ($79.3 million) in 2012, widening from a loss of €45.4 million in 2011. Revenue more than doubled to €434.7 million from €190.4 million, but the cost of sales rose to €362.8 million from €186 million.
Latest posts by Steve Gavriliuc (see all)
- 5 people who have had the courage to say no to mediocrity: Quotes - March 10, 2014
- Our Favorite Social Media Monitoring And Listening Tools For Business - February 11, 2014
- Music-Streaming Service Spotify Lands in Turkey, Taiwan, Greece And Argentina - September 24, 2013