We are only 5 years into this ongoing mobile revolution. But today, about 80 percent of all “Smartphone Consumers Time” is spent in mobile applications: news, games, utility, and social networking apps. People are now using more apps than ever — turns out, it’s an application world, after all.
Not only is Apple winning the race in device usage, but Apple’s mobile operating systems “iOS” is dominating the mobile OS morket, and companies have scrambled to launch iOS apps — iPhone app wars are heating up.
Instagram vs. Vine (video-sharing war) - The battle started to heat up when Instagram, created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger now owned by faceboo, added video sharing to iOS and Android apps late last month. And The Winner Is… Instagram!
1. Instagram lets you share photos and videos; Vine is video-only.
2. Instagram will let you record videos up to 15 seconds — Vine has a six-second ceiling.
3. Amazing, you can share Instagram videos on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, foursquare and in email. Vine videos can only be shared on Facebook and Twitter.
4. Instagram will let you pick a specific point in your video to serve as its thumbnail image. Vine doesn’t currently offer this feature.
5. Instagram has 13 filters you can apply to your videos. Vine has none.
Apple Maps vs. Google Maps (Map war) - Google Maps is the clear winner
Apple iWork vs. Quickoffice vs. Microsoft Office Mobile (office productivity suite war) - In my view, Apple’s native suite iWork is the clear winner in iPhone productivity apps.
Evernote vs. Springpad vs. OneNote (note-taking apps war) - Evernote has been the longstanding leader in the note-taking category and offers an array of functionality – the clear winner. But Microsoft’s OneNote is a good watch.
Jibbigo vs. Google Translate (The language translator war) - Google Translate is the clear winner
Google Translate requires an Internet connection — Jibbigo doesn’t need an Internet connection (takes up more memory)
Apple Weather vs. Yahoo Weather - The Yahoo weather app is pretty cool, but Apple Weather app has voice-enabled Siri. Apple Weather wins here.
Latest posts by Amarendra Bhushan (see all)
- What Is Your Method Of Building An Intrapreneurial All-Star Team? - April 14, 2014
- Why do men have the upper hand when it comes to using social networking for career advantage? - April 14, 2014
- Gender differences in social media and mobile use - April 9, 2014