It’s kind of a cool, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg topped careers site Glassdoor’s list of the top 50 highest-rated CEOs, and last year’s No. 1, Apple CEO Tim Cook slid to No. 18 in the rankings. In the past year, Zuckerberg’s approval ratings have climbed 14 percentage points to 99 percent
The list includes twenty tech CEO’s including SAP’s Bill McDermott and Jim Hagemann Snabe at 2nd place. Qualcomm’s Paul Jacobs took the 8th place with Google’s Larry Page at 11th. The 13th and 16th spot is bagged by Salesforce’s Marc Benioff and Amazon’s Jeff Bezos. Oracle’s Larry Ellison is in 46th place while Dell’s Michael Dell is at 49th place.
The social network Facebook’s employees gave Zuckerberg a 99 percent approval rating over the past 12 months, a Facebook employee told Glassdoor that Facebook has “an open community from Zuck on down” and that there is “mutual trust companywide and sense of community and drive, instilled by our CEO who we all truly respect.”
After Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, the rest of the top 10 highest-rated CEOs:
1) Mark Zuckerberg – Facebook – (99% approval)
2) Bill McDermott & Jim Hagemann – Snabe, SAP (99% approval)
3) Dominic Barton, McKinsey & Co. (97% approval)
4) Jim Turley, Ernst & Young (96% approval)
5) John E. Schlifske, Northwestern Mutual (96% approval)
6) Frank D’Souza, Cognizant Technology Solutions (96% approval)
7) Joe Tucci, EMC (96% approval)
8) Paul E. Jacobs, Qualcomm (95% approval)
9) Richard K. Davis, U.S. Bank (95% approval)
10) Pierre Nanterme, Accenture (95% approval)
The survey is based on employee reviews submitted to Glassdoor between February 25, 2012, and February 24, 2013. you can find here the entire list.
Robert Hohman, Glassdoor CEO and co-founder, explained in a statement that, “The CEO’s who are most successful in gaining employee approval are those who paint a clear vision of what the company is setting out to achieve and how it’s going to get there. To be recognized by your employees as a strong leader also comes as a result of having a solid company culture that helps employees foster the skills necessary to move business forward and meet the needs of customers.