Yahoo’s Snip.it Acquisition: is it really a smart move?
Kudos to Marissa Mayer for trying to revitalize struggling Internet search pioneer Yahoo!. The Search engine provider Yahoo! Inc has acquired social bookmarking service Snip.it
Yahoo’s “social news/social bookmarking” start-up Snip.it Acquisition: is it really a smart move? Discuss in the comments below.
Snip.it, a Pinterest-like service that encourages users to create, organize and share collections of news articles on the Internet.
It was founded in 2011 by Ramy Adeeb, previously an investor at Khosla Ventures.
In a company blog post, the San Francisco-based startup, Snip.it said it would shut down its current service but work on bringing “social news” to Yahoo. 9 out of Snip.it’s 10-person team will join Yahoo where they will develop the company’s social news program.
“The Snip.it team created an innovative technology that lets people share content in a social and fun way,” Mike Kerns, Yahoo’s vice president of product, said in an email statement. “Reading and sharing content is a core daily habit for most of the world, and we can’t wait to work with the Snip.it team to make that experience even more entertaining for our users.”
DON’T MISS: Hit List
- London schoolboy sold his smartphone news app Summly for $30 million to Yahoo
- Why Marissa Mayer may turn out to be an excellent choice for Yahoo?
- What made Yahoo decide to put its life in Marissa Mayer hands?
- Will the contextual advertising deal blossom into something more between Yahoo and Google?
- Most Popular Do-follow High PR Social Bookmarking Websites
- Innovation, Relevance Spark Private Cloud Management Success – Case Study
- List Of Business Savvy Celebrity Entrepreneurs Creating Thriving Enterprises
- List of the top Ten most-pressing needs for tech startups to Succeed
- Has Yandex just passed Bing.com to become world’s fourth biggest search engine?
- Top Most Powerful Women in Social Media 2013
- Epom, a unique advertisement platform – COMPANY PROFILE
- Most Powerful Recognizable And Influential Couples – Top Power Pairs
A journalist With global perspective and voracious appetite for international news, he leads reporters and commission stories among journalists who are focused on resources markets and companies. (email@example.com)