Do you think Graph Search is necessary, not sufficient, for Facebook’s success?
Mark Zuckerberg introduced its next-generation search product awkwardly named “Graph Search”, a potential challenge to much arch-rival Google is a considerable upgrade to it’s notoriously weak search feature. Company also made it clear that it has d a closer partnership with Microsoft’s Bing search engine, which will give you search results from the web to augment searches on Facebook.
Facebook users have collectively posted 240 billion photos to date, with its 1 billion users now uploading another 300 million a day. Facebook had 400 million users who were posting about 100 million photos a day.
So where does that leave Graph Search? If you haven’t checked it, now might be a good time to give it all a look!!!
Now the social network Facebook, is taking on its larger rival, Google, with a search tool to mine that personal information.
Google’s chief executive Larry Page has said rival Facebook is doing “a really bad job on their products,”
Asked whether competition from Facebook had motivated Google’s social products, he said: “It’s not the way I think about it. We had real issues with how our users shared information, how they expressed their identity, and so on.”
“And yeah, they’re a company that’s strong in that space. But they’re also doing a really bad job on their products.”
Although Page did not directly commented on the Graph Search, it is certainly a service with which Facebook is breaking into Google’s territory of internet search.
Here Facebook CEOMark Zuckerberg explains Facebook’s new Graph Search:
DON’T MISS: Hit List
- What if the value of Facebook Graph Search is overstated?
- How the new Facebook Graph Search with Bing could be a hugely lucrative product for Facebook?
- How Facebook is a step closer to replacing old-fashioned cellular voice and texting plans?
- How many recruiters adopting social media into their recruitment process [Social Recruiting INFOGRAPHIC 2013]?
- Mark Zuckerberg Bagged The Top Spot In The List Of 50 Highest Rated CEOs: Employee-Approved
- Has Yandex just passed Bing.com to become world’s fourth biggest search engine?
- How much would you pay to send a personal Message to Facebook Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg?
- Ask Facebook, how to make money from ads on mobile devices?
- How a marketing genius like Randi Zuckerberg was entangled in a privacy mess?
- Will the contextual advertising deal blossom into something more between Yahoo and Google?
- A big shift for Android ecosystem: Sundar Pichai to replace Andy Rubin
- Incredibly simple and useful: Facebook Adds Weather Info
A long time internet addict, personally professed tech geek and 10 year veteran in the world of telecommunications and emerging technologies. He stays current with industry trends and innovations and seeks ways of adapting new ideas to the newsroom and newspaper, leads planning and oversees execution of content strategies. (email@example.com)