Social media for executives, a risky, high-speed word-of-mouth machine
Many senior executives do not try to join social media because they are genuinely afraid that if they’re perceived as seeking attention. It’s ironic, but most professionals are almost unanimous in their answer “I’m not really comfortable putting myself out there,” – a fear of public criticism. Is this a complete waste of time? Is anyone paying attention? …. Seeking approval from others and feeling disapproval… Conflict or Confrontation.
If the social web is what made Internet phenomena or cyberstar like Kim Kardashian, Tila Tequila, Perez Hilton and Justin Bieber famous in the first place, it’s also giving opportunity to raise the discourse, focus on meaningful ideas, and draw attention to worthy people and causes. We are often asked what employers look at with respect to searching a candidate and seeking the “best fit” for a given role.
Two of the hottest social media exchanges today and utilized for career searches are LinkedIn and Facebook says Helen Figge. “Stay tuned for more information as it becomes available and remember…Be passionate about your career path and strive to make a difference and learn, learn…learn. Technology is only the enabler; individuals will be the “transformers” of health IT in the years to come!, she added”
Top Business Executives using Twitter Social media communicate with important audiences:
- Biz Stone - Twitter co-founder @biz
- Bill Gates @BillGates
- Tony Hsieh Zappos.com @zappos
- Richard Rosenblatt - Demand Media @demandrichard
- Mark Zuckerburg - Facebook @finkd
- Gary Stockman - Porter Novelli @garystockman
- George Colony - Forrester @gcolony
- Guy Kawasaki - Alltop @guykawasaki
- Richard Jalichandra - Technorati @jalichandra
- Steve Gaither - JB Chicago @jbgrafx
- Jeff Booth - builddirect.com @jeffbooth
- Aaron Matos - Jobing.com @jobing
- John Battelle - Federated Media @johnbattelle
- Kevin Rose - Digg.com @kevinrose
- Monika Shaw - The Winning Woman Network @ladyexec
- Doug Ulman – Livestrong Foundation @livestrongceo
- Mark Grindeland - ShesConnected Multimedia Corp. @mark_grindeland
- Pete Cashmore – Mashable @mashable
- Amarendra Bhushan - CWWORLD Magazine @ceoworld
- Michael Hyatt – Thomas Nelson Publishers @michaelhyatt
- Oren Michels - Mysergy Energy @OrenMichels
- Richard Branson - Virgin @richardbranson
- Rob Howard - Telligent @robhoward
- Adam Arnold - SmarterHousing and SmarterTravel @smarterceo
- Steve Case - Revolution and Case Foundation @stevecase
- Steven Rothberg - CollegeRecruiter.com @stevenrothberg
- Steven Cotton - Firescope @svcotton
- Michael Arrington – TechCrunch @techcrunch
- Tod Sacerdoti - BrightRoll @todsacerdoti
- Wayne Elsey – Soles4Souls @wayneelsey
- Damien Patton - Banjo @webbizceo
Based on Nielsen’s State of the Media: The Social Media Report, having a social media presence is critical for SMBs’ online marketing strategies in 2013, Small businesses can’t afford to ignore.
- Time spent on PCs and Smartphones grew by 21%, while time on apps rose 120% between July 2011 and July 2012.
- From July 2011 to July 2012, the time consumers spent on social media sites grew from 88.4B minutes to a whopping 121.1B minutes.
- social care, also known as social customer service, is becoming an increasingly important, and valuable social media trend for SMBs to leverage.
- One in three social media users prefer social care to contacting a company by phone. That means that more consumers are using social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and the company blog to reach out to businesses and brands in the hope of resolving a customer service issue. (image by Dell)
DON’T MISS: Hit List
- Top Most Powerful Women in Social Media 2013
- How a marketing genius like Randi Zuckerberg was entangled in a privacy mess?
- Incredibly simple and useful: Facebook Adds Weather Info
- London schoolboy sold his smartphone news app Summly for $30 million to Yahoo
- Interview with Mr. Michał Zaleski, Mayor of Torun, Poland
- How many recruiters adopting social media into their recruitment process [Social Recruiting INFOGRAPHIC 2013]?
- Is Facebook Considering On Incorporating Hashtags Functionality?
- Is it a good idea that Instagram is joining its data to Facebook’s?
- So now Facebook can insist German users to register with their real name: infographic
- Is Google Moving Fast Enough In Lucrative Mobile Search Advertising Business?
- How much would you pay to send a personal Message to Facebook Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg?
- Do We Need Social Media Policies To Control Employees Activities on Facebook and Twitter?
A journalist, author and serial entrepreneur- Founder and CEO of CEOWORLD Magazine and Lucentbyte Media Technologies LTD. (email@example.com)