Wing Loong UAV – A Chinese Cloned Prototype Of U.S. MQ-1 Predator Drone On Display
A complete set of “Wing Loong UAV System”- a Chinese cloned prototype of U.S. MQ-1 Predator drone, by Aviation Industry Corporation of China, is on display at an upcoming Zhuhai Airshow on November 13 to 18. Wing Loong (that’s Chinese for Pterodactyl, a Jurassic period flying dinosaur) is almost identical to U.S. MQ-1 Predator Drone in size but smaller then MQ-9 Reaper.
The Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) will also highlight its – physical sample segments of the large-scale amphibious rescue aircraft “D-600”, Primus 150 with independent intellectual property rights and domestic power system CJ-1000A assorted with C919. Here is official link to The Zhuhai Airshow.
Wing Loong unmanned aircraft has a range of almost 4,000 km and it can fly at max altitude of 5,000 meters (16,404 feet) with an endurance of over 20 hours at maximum speed of 280 km/h. It weighs 1.1 tons, has a 14 meter (45 ft 11 in) wingspan, and is 9.05 meters (29 ft 8 in) long.
List of Countries with known operational armed drones ( unmanned combat air vehicle or combat drone):
China operates “Guizhou WZ-2000″ or WuZhen-2000 and AVIC Wing Loong I
United States operates MQ-1 Predator and MQ-9 Reaper
Israel operates IAI Heron, IAI Eitan, Elbit Hermes 450, IAI Harpy, IAI Harop
India operates IAI Heron, IAI Harop, DRDO AURA, DRDO Kapothaka, DRDO Nishant, DRDO Lakshya, and IAI Harpy, DRDO Rustom
Iran – Karrar, Shahed 129
Russia – IAI Heron
France – EADS Harfang
Turkey – TAI Anka, Vestel Karayel and Bayraktar Mini UAV
United Kingdom – MQ-1 Predator and MQ-9 Reaper
Italy – MQ-1 Predator and MQ-9 Reaper
Germany – Modified IAI Heron
DON’T MISS: Hit List
- London schoolboy sold his smartphone news app Summly for $30 million to Yahoo
- Why is China worried over cyber espionage: cyberspace a new battlefield?
- Microsoft follows online heavyweights Google and Twitter: Law Enforcement Requests Report
- Should BRICS create their own development bank and crisis fund?
- The successor to Google Notebook: cloud-powered note-taking app Google Keep
- Illuminating: Philips launched open APIs and SDK for iOS Controlled Web-enabled Hue Lighting System
- Sharing and syncing: Google has unveiled Realtime API for Google Drive
- A big shift for Android ecosystem: Sundar Pichai to replace Andy Rubin
- Google launches Google Nose: allows users to search the internet through smells
- Flipboard 2.0 allows you to publish your own digital magazines without any design skills
- How Facebook users end up sharing more personal details with third-party apps and advertisers?
- Saudi Arabia threatening to block Skype, WhatsApp, VOIP and messaging services ban
A journalist With global perspective and voracious appetite for international news, he leads reporters and commission stories among journalists who are focused on resources markets and companies. (email@example.com)