SpaceX’s Falcon 9 Rocket Aborts Commercial Launch to Space Station, Set to Go on Tuesday
The launch a new private supply ship for the International Space Station, SpaceX’s Falcon 9 rocket, was aborted when the flight computer detected slightly high pressure in the engine 5 combustion chamber… Now Set to Go on Tuesday!!!
According to Clara Moskowitz, SpaceX engineers have replaced a faulty engine valve on a private rocket carrying the first commercial space capsule bound for the International Space Station following the last-second abort during an attempted liftoff Saturday.
Nasa tweeted: “The SpaceX team is backing out of their countdown and safeing the rocket. According to the team, the chamber pressure on engine #5 was high.”
“We’re ready to support when SpaceX is ready to go,” says Alan Lindenmoyer, NASA’s manager of the Commercial Crew and Cargo Program.
“During rigorous borescope inspections of the engine, SpaceX engineers discovered a faulty check valve on the Merlin engine,” says the Space Exploration Technologies Corp. “We are now in the process of replacing the failed valve.”
As SpaceX CEO Elon Musk points out in a tweet, “Recalling rockets after launch is not an option” and posted image below at his twitter account.
The historic launch of SpaceX’s Falcon 9 rocket, with its Dragon capsule filled with food, supplies and science experiments, was halted when a flight computer detected “high pressure in the engine 5 combustion chamber,” the company said in a statement.
“We have discovered the root cause and repairs are underway,” it said.
In December 2010, SpaceX made history by becoming the first private company to send a spacecraft into orbit and back.
DON’T MISS: Hit List
- The billionaire Tesla CEO Elon Musk hits back at N.Y. Times article on Model S luxury sedan
- List of Truly Awful Outdated and Overused Tech Phrases and Expression on the World Wide Web
- Clash Of Cultures on Twitter, A Young Canadian Rapper Drake VS Texan oil billionaire T. Boone Pickens
- How Apple acquired the iPad name in China from Shenzhen Proview Technology?
- Google Breathes New Life Into Web-centric Chromebook and Chromebox For Cloud Fanatics
- Is Flame, Flamer, or sKyWIper really such an amazingly advanced cyber-weapon?
- Disappointed with the sexism of the Asus ‘Nice Rear’ Tweet
- Why Entire Tech World Will Be Keenly Observing Apple WWDC 2012 Event?
- Should United Nations be granted more control over the Internet?
- The Amazing Generosity, Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer each donated $100,000 in support of marriage equality
- Fact Or Fiction- Randall Stephenson Predicts Data-only Plans On Cellphone For Subscribers?
- Is Twitter doing enough to protect user from Government?
Contributing Editor, has been fascinated with the financial markets ever since she bought her first stock at 11 years old. She is a trader of stocks, options, currencies, and futures.