Arrival of a new attribution feature at Pinterest – handy Pinterest tools
One of the biggest problems critics have found with hottest social networking site Pinterest, is its tendency to indirectly promote copyright violation. Pinterest’s enjoys rapid growth and vast popularity, expansion raises concern among user who don’t want their work misrepresented. Now company strikes back against copyright questions with a new attribution system.
Pinterest has partnered with Flickr to make it easier to correctly attribute images pinned from the photo-sharing service. Acording to The official Pinterest blog, “Pinterest has partnered up with photo management and sharing site Flickr to make it easier to pin photos from Flickr and credit the content’s creator with an attribution statement included with each pin. Content pinned from sites like Behance, Vimeo and YouTube will also feature these attributions.
Photos enabled by a Flickr user for sharing on Pinterest will feature a Pinterest button in its share menu. For those who pin images from Flickr frequently, a Pin It button will appear as one of the two shortcuts on the photo’s main page.”
Leeena Rao wrote at Techcrunch, considering Pinterests’s viral growth and traffic, as well as Flickr’s presence on the platform; Pinterest can’t be ignored. The photo sharing site had to come up with a way to make pinning easy and attribution work for photographers. Other sites, including online retailers eBay and Amazon, can’t ignore Pinterest any longer as well, and have also recently added Pin It buttons.
Few handy Pinterest tools:
1) PinReach – a tool focusing on bringing insight and analytics to Pinterest.
2) Pin A Quote – a bookmarklet that will allow you to easily pin any text you want from the web. To get started, simply drag the “Pin A Quote” button featured on the tool’s site to your browser’s Bookmarks Toolbar.
3) SpinPicks - SpinPicks is a new application that brings you highly addictive one-click discovery of eye candy from visual platforms like Pinterest, Instagram, Twitpic, Flickr CC, Reddit/R, YouTube, and PicPlz. SpinPicks also adds the ability to pin images directly to your Pinterest boards.
4) Pinerly – Tool helps streamline Pinterest browsing and posting with its easy-to-use dashboard interface.
5) Snapito! /- To pin a website on Pinterest just use the dropdown on the right of the Snap! button and select either ‘Pin to Pinterest’ or ‘Pin Full Page’.