Top 10 most powerful, influential lesbian/gay media television personality and executives
Tim Cook and Ellen Degeneres along with Peter Thiel, Ryan Murphy, Rachel Maddow… named among tOp 10 most powerful and influential lesbian/gay media television personality, company executive. If you narrow down the search in UK overall, Sir Ian McKellen, Sir Elton John, Sir Cameron Mackintosh, Peter Mandelson, Sir Michael Bishop, John Galliano, Alan Bennett, Matt Lucas, Alexander McQueen, Peter Ackroyd, Nicholas Hytner, Howell James, Dawn Airey…
Take a look at the top ten worldwide:
Top most powerful and influential lesbian/gay media television personality, company executive
1. Tim Cook – CEO of Apple, Before being named CEO in August 2011, Tim was Apple’s Chief Operating Officer and was responsible for all of the company’s worldwide sales and operations, including end-to-end management of Apple’s supply chain, sales activities, and service and support in all markets and countries.
2. Ellen Degeneres – an outspoken vegan, stand-up comedian, television host and actress
3. Peter Thiel – a technology entrepreneur, investor, and philanthropist, established and funds the Thiel Foundation.
4. Ryan Murphy – film and television screenwriter, director, and producer, known for television series Popular, Nip/Tuck, Glee, and American Horror Story.
5. Rachel Maddow – host of “The Rachel Maddow Show” which airs on MSNBC
6. Anderson Cooper – CNN journalist, author, and television personality, goes beyond the headlines to tell stories from many points of view, so you can make up your own mind about the news.
7. Rich Ross – former chairman of the Walt Disney Studios
8. Barry Diller – Chairman and Senior Executive of IAC/InterActiveCorp and the media executive
9. Shepard Smith – television news, host of Fox Report with Shepard Smith and Studio B weekdays on Fox News Channel
10. Andy Cohen – television executive and host
11. Neil Patrick Harris – Actor, 38
12. Tammy Baldwin – U.S. Representative, Wisconsin, 50
David Cicilline – U.S. Representative, Rhode Island, 50
Jared Polis – U.S. Representative, Colorado, 36
13. Scott Rudin – Film and Theater Producer, 53
14. Marc Jacobs – Fashion Designer, 49
15. Harvey Levin – TV Producer/TMZ Founder, 61
16. Matt Drudge – Blogger, 45
17. Chris Hughes – Publisher and Editor-in-Chief, The New Republic, 28
18. Anthony Romero – Executive Director, ACLU, 46
19. David Geffen – Media Mogul, 69
20. Chad Griffin – Incoming President, HRC, 38
21. Barney Frank – U.S. Representative, Masschusetts, 72
22. Jann Wenner – Publishing Magnate, 66
23. Tim Gill – Software Pioneer/Philanthropist, 58
24. Christine Quinn – New York City Council Speaker, 45
25. Suze Orman – Financial adviser/Talk-show host, 60
26. Tom Ford – Fashion Designer/Film Director, 50
27. Ken Melhman – Businessman, 45
28. Andrew Sullivan – Journalist/Blogger, 48
29. Annise Parker – Mayor of Houston
30. Bryan Lourd & Kevin Huvane – Managing Partners, CAA, 52 & 53
31. Martha Nelson – Editorial Director, Time Inc., 59
32. Chuck Wolfe – CEO, The Victory Fund, 50
33. Mary Kay Henry – International President, SEIU, 53
34. Joe Solmonese – Political Consultant, 47
35. Jeremy Bernard – White House Social Secretary, 50
36. Nick Denton – CEO, Gawker Media, 45
37. Alan Ball – Screenwriter/Producer/Director, 54
38. Richard Berke – Assistant Managing Editor, The New York Times, 53
39. Perez Hilton – Blogger/TV personality, 34
40. Jess Cagle – Managing Editor, Entertainment Weekly, 46
Ariel Foxman – Managing Editor, InStyle, 38
Adam Moss – Editor-in-chief, New York, 54
41. Jenna Lyons – President and Executive Creative Director, J. Crew, 44
42. Adam Rose – CoPresident, Rose Associates, Inc., 52
43. Greg Berlanti – TV Producer/Writer, 39
44. Bryan Singer – Director/Producer, 46
45. Megan Smith – Google Executive
46. Simon Halls & Stephen Huvane – Founders, Slate PR, 48, 51
47. Jane Lynch – Actress
48. Dan Savage – Editor/Activist/TV Personality, 47
DON’T MISS: Hit List
- Mark Zuckerberg Bagged The Top Spot In The List Of 50 Highest Rated CEOs: Employee-Approved
It’s kind of a cool, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg topped careers site Glassdoor’s list of the top 50 highest-rated CEOs, and last year’s No. 1, Apple CEO Tim Cook slid to No. 18 in the rankings. In…
- Samsung is set to join Apple in the smart watch race
The South Korean tech giant Samsung Electronics finally lifted the lid by confirming that it is developing a wristwatch. Any new smart watch would have to perform many of the tasks of a modern sma…
- A ray of hope: T-Mobile wireless network to offer Apple iPhone April 12
Finally, the struggling wireless carrier T-Mobile USA will start offering the iPhone under its new no-contract plans starting April 12.
The fourth-biggest mobile carrier will charge $99.99 up fro…
- New Samsung Galaxy S 4 Android Smartphone: What Will Apple Do?
The Korean electronics behemoth Samsung unveiled its newest phone the “Galaxy S 4 android smartphone” at a large event at Radio City Music Hall in New York City. I get a feeling that the new Galaxy…
- So Apple is stifling competition in the European Union?
Um, ok. Go figure. Not surprisingly, European Union’s competition regulator are examining at Apple’s iPhone deals with the continent’s cellphone carriers, after receiving several informal complaint…
- Has Apple begun selling Refurbished 4th-gen iPads and iPad Minis?
Finally, if you were planning to buy Apple’s latest tablet but couldn’t arrange funds, here’s your chance now. For the very first time Apple has begun selling the 4th-generation iPad and the iPad m…
Germaine has held financial positions with a retailer, home-builder and university in her 10-year career. Those positions included treasurer, controller, and head of strategic planning. She is involved in product design and implementation and contributing to strategic initiatives within the magazine.