One of the biggest leap in Google (GOOG) came about when they introduced, gorgeously geeky Googler, Marissa Mayer, now is the Vice President of Search Product and User Experience. she is also the youngest member of Google’s executive operating committee. Marissa Mayer was the first person at Google to work exclusively on the user experience, starting in 2000. During her decade at search, Ms. Mayer introduced 100 features to the site and released it in 100 languages.
The key to success is often failure. “It’s totally fine to fail, you just have to fail fast,” Marissa Mayer, one of the most succesful women in digital business, says. Fortune magazine has listed her on their annual Most Powerful Women’s list, and she was the youngest ever to appear on the list. She also been named a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum and Woman of the Year by Glamour Magazine. She’s helped make Google the world’s number-one search engine, It’s pretty hard to overstate her impact,” says Google CEO Eric Schmidt. “She built the team that designs the products we all use.”
Marissa Mayer Quotes:
- We want to enhance the utility of the Web for users.
- I think Google should be like a Swiss Army knife: clean, simple, the tool you want to take everywhere.
- The market favors open choice for search, and companies should compete for users based on their quality of search services.
- Our theory is, if you need the user to tell you what you’re selling, then you don’t know what you’re selling, and it’s probably not going to be a good experience.
- The utmost thing is the user experience, to have the most useful experience.
- Absolute numbers are no longer useful.
- What you want, when you want it. As opposed to everything you could ever want, even when you don’t.
“People ask me a lot, ‘What is it like to be a woman at Google?’” Marissa says. “But I’m not a woman at Google. I’m a geek at Google.” So why is Marissa Mayer an influencer?
Latest posts by Hendrik L Clarke (see all)
- So, Perhaps There Is A Place For Office Romances: Just Don’t Tell HR - March 18, 2014
- Lucrative But Extremely Stressful Jobs In The United States - November 13, 2013
- E-commerce giant eBay acquires mobile payment gateway Braintree - September 26, 2013