1) Heidi Klum (Her career began in 1992 when she won the grand prize in the Late-Night-Show by Thomas Gottschalk. 19-year-old schoolgirl has won the competition with 25 thousand rivals, and as a prize has signed a contract with a modeling agency at $ 300 000. After high school, she refused to study fashion designer in Dusseldorf and instead began own career of model.).
2) Natalia Vodianova (Due to the difficult financial situation she worked with for 11 years. She studied average at school. She was enrolled in a modeling agency Chkalova Eugenia “Eugene” (Nizhny Novgorod), where she was advised to learn English when she was 15. On one of the casting, scout agency Viva Model Management saw Natalia and immediately offered her a job in Paris. After several months she went the capital of France.).
3) Gisele Bundchen (Giselle began a career as a fashion model in 14 years. She went with friends in Sao Paulo, and this trip has forever changed her life. She sat with his classmates at a local McDonald’s, where a representative model agency Elite Modeling noticed her. He invited her to try yourself in the fashion industry. She had to give up at first, becouse her father insisted on it. However, after weighing all the “pros” and “against”, Gisele took such a tempting offer.).
4) Kate Moss (А woman named Sarah Doukas saw Kate at the airport in New York. It proposed a 14-year-old girl to try herself as a model. Kate appeared on the cover of a magazine Face two years later. For a long time worked with the American brand Calvin Klein, which made her a supermodel.).
5) Adriana Lima (she won the final of the Brazilian models when she was 15 years, which conducted the agency Ford Models. And at the international competition took second place. She went to New York in 2 years after signed a contract with modeling agency Elite. Since 1999 she is one of the “angels” Victoria’s Secret.).
6) Alessandra Ambrosio (The desire to become a model Alessandra has appeared at the age of eight. The first steps in modeling career began the age of 12 when she enrolled in class for model. The age of 15 she won a national contest Elite Model Look, after which awarded the contract. Her first major work was the photographies for the magazine ELLE, her face adorned the cover. She is one of the “angels” Victoria’s Secret.).
7) Daria Werbowy (The first steps in the modeling business done in 14 years, winning a local competition, and the year after that, she worked in the studio «Susan J. Model & Talent », later signed a contract with the well-known agency Elite Models. Success came when Daria was almost 20 years. On she drew attention during the fashion shows fall-winter 2003-2004. Recognizable model Daria become after advertising the well-known fragrance, Lancôme – Hypnose.).
8) Carolyn Murphy (In 17 years, scout modeling agency saw Carolyn when she was in New York, and her face appeared on the covers of local magazines in Florida and Alabama. In 1990, Carolyn moved to Milan, where she appeared on the covers of magazines such as Harper’s Bazaar, L’Officiel, ELLE and Vogue.).
9) Candice Swanepoel (South African model. She is best known as one of the angels Victoria’s Secret. Model’s career began the age of 15.).
10) Linda Evangelista (The age of 15 she won a local beauty contest “Miss Niagara” and was invited to try her hand at the New York agency “Elite”. She belongs to the catch phrase, later replicated by all editions: “Less than ten thousand dollars, I even do not get up from my bed.”).
11) Lara Stone (Was first seen members of the fashion world at the Paris metro, when she was 14, and at the age of 15 she had already participated in the contest Elite Model Look. Despite the fact that Lara did not win, she was struck by Elite management and signed with Elite Model Management, thus beginning her modeling career.).
12) Gia Marie Carangi (American model, one of the first supermodels in the world. Her family remembers that she wanted always be a model, because it was convinced that this is her business. Jia became famous not so much an atypical appearance for Model (in those days in the modeling business was claimed the blonde), but primarily because of its ability to get used to a completely different images.).
13) Waris Dirie (The age of 13 she ran away from the family to avoid marriage to a man much older than she is. She moved to London, where she lived and worked for his wealthy relatives. Waris later worked at a local McDonald’s, trying to make ends meet. Accidentally photographer Terence Donovan found Waris . Her career began to evolve rapidly. She had taken off for advertising Chanel, Levi’s, L’Oréal and Revlon. In 1997, on top of the career model, Waris told the first time in a women’s magazine Marie Claire about female circumcision, which was did to her when she was a child. In the same year Waris became ambassador UN against female circumcision.).
14) Paulina Porizkova (She began her modeling career in 1980 in Paris. In 1984, when she was 18, she became the first model from Eastern Europe, which appeared on the cover of «Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue». In August 1987, was photographed for famous magazine “Playboy.” After the birth of her second child (son) in 1993, Pauline had to leave the model business and become a movie actress. Her film career began in 1987.).
15) Tyra Banks (She tried herself as a model, being a student 11 classes, she appeared on the cover of the magazine Seventeen Magazine. Later, at age 17, she traveled to France, where she became a model for shows on the podium. In the first week stay in Paris, Tyra made a splash on the podium – at once 25 designers invited her to participate in their shows. It was the most successful result for the beginner in the modeling business. She decided to leave her model career in 2005 to focus on television.).
16) Cindy Crawford (In 1984, Cindy graduated high school with the highest score and received an academic scholarship to Northwestern University, where she studied chemical engineering. After first quarter Cindy dropped out to focus on a modeling career. Having worked with photographer Victor Skrebneski in Chicago, Crawford moved to Manhattan in 1986. Cindy noticed a photographer of newspaper, who noticed a girl of sixteen years during work of collecting corn and photographed her. Photo and positive reaction to it, convinced her take modeling.).
17) Naomi Campbell (Works on the podium with 15 years of age. Became the first black woman to appear on the covers of French and English editions of Vogue magazine and Time. In 2006 at a ceremony “Woman of the Year” hosted by the magazine Glamour, received a special award Outstanding Contribution Award («for his contribution to society glamor”).).
18) Claudia Schiffer (She made her debut in 1987, after met at a nightclub with the director of modeling agency Metropolitan. Claudia moved to Paris and was photographed for cover of the magazine ELLE. Then received a lucrative contract to show the models of the house Chanel. The contract with Chanel, the advertising campaign for Guess Jeans, a few long-term contracts with Revlon made her one of the most highly paid models in the world.).
19) Christy Turlington (In childhood she never thought about a career in the fashion industry. The age of 13 she was obsessed with a passion for horses and trained every day and even participated in a local contest. About this time her opened a photographer Danny Coady, Christy’s parents reluctantly gave their consent, so that she worked as a model. Christie also at first did not take seriously a new occupation – as she later recalled, she thought that the work of the model will bring her the money for equestrian sports.).
20) Helena Christensen (The first steps in the modeling industry did when she was 9 years old. In childhood dreamed of becoming a musician. In 1986, having won the title of Miss Denmark at age 18, represented Denmark at the Miss Universe contest. After the end of the contest moved to Paris, and later – in New York. Helena is one of the most recognizable models of the 1990s. Helena owns an antique shop in Manhattan. Also produces a line of clothing Christensen & Sigersen, together with his longtime friend Leif Sigersen. She also is photographer and her work has appeared in Marie Claire and ELLE.).
Latest posts by Editorial Team (see all)
- Job Hoppers, A Dynamic Blessing in Disguise for Your Mundane Risk Management Practice - March 24, 2014
- Why You Should Not Take Shortcuts When It Comes To Hiring? - March 21, 2014
- Why Women Rule Social Media? - March 18, 2014