How Microsoft plans to fix its mistake- Facebook-to-Facebook Skype call features?
Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) missed that chance to buy Facebook few years back so do Aol (NYSE: AOL) and Yahoo! (NASDAQ: YHOO) but Microsoft started to rectify it by Facebook-to-Facebook Skype call features. Now, SKYPE is to allow users make video calls to their Facebook friends and receive them, too released today in a “beta” test version of Skype’s software for Macs and PCs, expands on an existing partnership between the companies.
Skype was bought by Microsoft Corp for $8.5 billion earlier this year. Microsoft owns a small stake in Facebook. Skype recently launched Skype 5.4 Beta for Mac and Skype 5.7 Beta for Windows. With this update, the VoIP giant allows one to have a Facebook-to-Facebook call within Skype, itself.
Jonathan Rosenberg, Skype’s chief technology strategist, said the company wants to help a billion people communicate, particularly with video. Working with Facebook “is really taking us a big step closer to that goal,” he said.
DON’T MISS: Hit List
- Potentially a game changer for Microsoft: cloud-based Office 365 and Office 2013
- Windows 8 Blue: a shift in the way Microsoft strategically approaches software updates?
- Do you think Microsoft Blue Windows OS Upgrade will make that much difference?
- London schoolboy sold his smartphone news app Summly for $30 million to Yahoo
- Can i run Android apps designed for mobile phone on Windows 8 and Surface Pro – YES?
- Why AQuantive didn’t turn out to be a good fit for Microsoft, $6.2 Billion Write-Down?
- Notable tech leaders on the 2013 billionaires list: richest man in technology
- Why the Google cloud-based software for businesses should be very troubling to Microsoft?
- Anyone plan on making Microsoft Office 2013 purchase?
- Are You Planning to Upgrade your current PC to Windows 8?
- The Amazing Generosity, Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer each donated $100,000 in support of marriage equality
- A new way for devs to test their web applications and sites: modern.IE by Microsoft
A social media consultant and a top-ranked community member on multiple social news sites. Passionate about Computers, Programming, Internet and Technologies that drive them. (email@example.com)