Why Wind Energy Stocks with Strong Growth Potential is less attractive?
Broadwind Energy (BWEN) has been working to ready itself for the shift from 1.5 MW turbines to 2.0 MW units. Broadwind Energy’s March 2011, wind tower sales of $28.2 million were more than double the $12.0 million figure for March 2010. Trinity Industries (TRN) wind tower sales rose from $55.0 million in the March 2010 quarter to $66.5 million in March 2011. Broadwind Energy is also gaining market share in its gearing business, March 2011 sales of $13.6 million, compared to $7.7 million in March 2010. Then, Why Wind Energy Stocks with Strong Growth Potential is less attractive?
- Woodward (WWD) has sold more than 8,000 of its Concycle converters, March 2011, the company reported that electrical power system sales (excluding inter-segment sales) rose to $105.4 million, from $92.5 million in March 2010.
- Leading wind turbine producers, China Ming Yang Wind Power Group (MY), in its March 2011 first-quarter results gross profit rose from 20.5 percent to 26.0 percent.
- China Windpower Group (CWPWF.PK) operates 19 wind power plants in China with total installed capacity of 1,064 MW.
- Since 1999, Juhl Wind Incorporated (JUHL.OB) has developed 18 wind farms with a total capacity of 178 MW. In May 2011, Juhl Wind was engaged in various aspects of the development of 23 wind farms.
- Zoltek Companies (ZOLT), March 2011 half-yearly results showed the start of a recovery, with carbon fiber sales rising to $55.2 million, from $43.6 million in the six months to March 2010.
- Itochu Corporation (ITOCY.PK) a partner in the huge $1 billion, 330 MW Sarulla geothermal project in Indonesia with Kyushu Electric Power and Ormat of the US.
- A-Power Energy Generation Systems (APWR) producing wind turbines has entered into a joint venture company with General Electric to produce wind turbine gearboxes. It is involved in the Texas $1.5 billion Spinning Star wind energy project.
- Western Wind Energy Corporation (WNDEF.PK) in the March 2011 quarter it derived $0.51 million in revenues from energy sales. The company expects 60 cents per share EBITDA from the Windstar and Kingman projects in 2012.
- China Wind Systems (CWS) installed its initial ESR production line, and from July 2010, to December 2010, it generated $7.6 million in sales of high-quality components using ESR technology.
- American Superconductor (AMSC) expected March 2011 fourth-quarter and full-year results to fall well below earlier forecasts.
- Toshiba Corporation (TOSBF.PK) is building one of the world’s largest solar power stations in Bulgaria. The $1.2 billion development is due for completion by March 2012. Toshiba has set a target of winning 10 per cent of the Japanese residential solar system market by 2012.
- XZERES Corporation (XPWR.OB) recorded revenues of $1.48 million (zero in the previous year), with new models and sales in 11 states. XZERES Corporation develops and supplies small-scale – 2.5 KW to 100 KW – wind turbine systems for business, residential and agricultural use.
- China Longyuan Power Group Corporation (CLPXF.PK) expects to triple this figure by 2015, is now China’s largest wind farm operator, with 6,556 MW of installed capacity at the end of 2010.
Disclosure: This post is for information purposes only. There are risks involved with investing including loss of principal. i have no positions in any stocks mentioned and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.
Few interesting articles:
Top Ten Business and Finance magazines for CEO’s and Entrepreneurs
A complete List of business Networking Websites for CEO’S and Entrepreneurs
Must Read Business Books list for CEO, Entrepreneurs and aspiring professional!
Top 10 Military Technology Achievements That Changed the Face of War
Top Best Affiliate Networks and CPA Networks list
Top Best Social Network Sites for Corporate Business Marketing Professionals
List of Top Management Consulting Firms Worldwide – Best Global management consultants
- (c) ceoworld.biz. All rights reserved. This material may not be published in its entirety or redistributed without the approval of CEOWORLD magazine. Sign up for FREE CEOWORLD magazine site access!!!
- Follow @ceoworld on Twitter | Become a fan on Facebook
- SUBSCRIBE to CEOWORLD Magazine Digital & SAVE UP TO 80% OFF. Reaching more than 85,000 Chief Executive Officers (CEO) & top Executives. SUBSCRIBE NOW!!!