Total joins Chesapeake Energy in $2bn gas joint venture- Nice move!
Great move. Finally, French oil company Total SA [[TOT]], is joining some other international energy heavyweights in investing in U.S. shale natural gas reserves. Total is paying $800 million U.S. for a 25-per-cent interest in the U.S. Chesapeake Corp.’s [[CHK]] Barnett Shale deposits in North Texas and will invest almost $1.5 billion U.S. more to fund 60 per cent of Chesapeake’s drilling and completion expense.
But in 2011, Chesapeake’s strengthening production output will push volumes above earlier expectations. The company, which is based in Oklahoma City, raised its production outlook by 50 mmcfe/d to 3,050 mmcfe/d.
Total is the latest global energy company to buy into the U.S. gas-exploration boom, which until recently was dominated by smaller, domestically focused companies like Chesapeake, Devon Energy Corp. [[DVN]] and Southwestern Energy Company [[SWN]] European giants BP PLC [[BP]]and Statoil SA struck similar deals with Chesapeake in 2008, and Italy’s ENI SPA ROMA [[EIPAF]] last year paid $280 million for a Barnett Shale stake owned by Quicksilver Resources Inc. [[KWK]].
Last month, Exxon Mobil Corporation [[XOM]] agreed to pay $31 billion for Fort Worth-based gas producer XTO Energy Inc [[XTO]].
DON’T MISS: Hit List
- List of Biggest and Powerful Natural Gas and Oil Companies in the World
- The 3 Skills of Leadership
- List of Highest Earning celebrities – Highest Paid Stars
- Saudi America – US Energy boom, the new buzz word, why people are so excited?
- United States is to become World’s biggest oil producer before 2020
- Mobile Advertising: Strategies That Work
- A must-Have communication tools for running our startup
- Top Female Tech Startup Founders To Watch- Silicon Valley Women
- How do you feel about licensing BlackBerry 10 mobile operating system?
- Do You Think New Standalone Video-Sharing App Vine Is Important For Twitter Growth?
- How mobile technology is driving Internet penetration in China?
- Do you find these Luxury Hotel Spas way too expensive?
A journalist, author and serial entrepreneur- Founder and CEO of CEOWORLD Magazine and Lucentbyte Media Technologies LTD. (email@example.com)