To meet the demands of China’s nuclear industry, the country is planning to build its first nuclear technology research university. Once established, the university will be China’s first higher education institute dedicated to research and development in nuclear technologies.
China National Nuclear Corp (CNNC) has announced an agreement with Tianjin municipality to set up a specialized nuclear tech research university to help ease a severe shortage of qualified professionals at its rapidly-expanding atomic energy facilities in China and abroad.
The Hong Kong-based news outlet ifeng reports that $461 million could be poured into the project.
Based on the data from Chinese National Nuclear Safety Administration (NNSA), as of March 23, 2017, China had at least 20 nuclear power units under construction (the highest among nuclear energy power developers) globally. As quoted by Sina, China owned 34 operable nuclear power units, ranking the country fifth in global terms after the US (99), France (58), Japan (42) and Russia (35).
The school, China Nuclear Industry University, will provide occupational training, master’s and doctoral degrees, international academic exchanges and core technology research and development. China is expected to surpass the United States to become the world’s largest nuclear power developer in 2030.
These are some of the best universities in the world for Nuclear Engineering?
1. Department of Nuclear Science & Engineering at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
2. Department of Nuclear Engineering, at the University of California Berkeley (UC Berkeley).
3. Nuclear & Radiological Engineering (NRE) and Medical Physics (MP) program at the Georgia Institute of Technology, or Georgia Tech.
4. The School of Nuclear Engineering at Purdue University.
5. The Department of Nuclear Engineering at Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas.
6. The Nuclear Engineering & Radiological Sciences at the University of Michigan.
7. The Department of Nuclear, Plasma, and Radiological Engineering at the University of Illinois.
8. The department of nuclear engineering at Kansas State University.
9. The Department of Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering at Penn State.
10. The Department of Materials Science and Engineering (MSE) at the University of Florida.
11. The department of mechanical and nuclear engineering at Kansas State University.
12. Department of Nuclear Engineering at North Carolina State University.
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- Ranked: The Most (And The Least) Fun Cities In The United States For 2018 - September 24, 2018
- The 10 Best Cities To Live In The United States, 2018 Ranking - September 21, 2018
- Why CEOs of Companies Have a Habit of Reading Books? - September 20, 2018