Harvard University has been recognized as the top university in the world for global research quality in the 2018 CWTS Leiden Ranking, covering more than 938 research-intensive institutions from 55 countries.
During 2013-2016, using fractional counting Harvard contributed 33,045 publications (highest) in recognised journals — which places Harvard number one globally.
Harvard was closely followed by the University of Toronto in Canada, at No. 2, with 22,151 publications; Zhejiang University (China), at No. 3, with 20,876 publications; Shanghai Jiao Tong University (China), at No. 4, with 20,406 publications; and the University of Michigan (US), at No. 5, with 18,348 publications.
Tsinghua University, Johns Hopkins University, University of São Paulo, Seoul National University, and Stanford University rounded out the top ten performers. The United States had 9 universities in the top 25 based on the quantity of research that they produce.
Well, Harvard is consistently ranked highly in both national and international rankings. Harvard has maintained its position as one of the best universities worldwide. It ranks third in the “best universities in the world for 2018” list by the CEOWORLD magazine. Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj, a rankings expert from the CEOWORLD magazine, said the 2018 Leiden ranking confirmed the depth and strength of the American university research system.
Conducted by the Center for Science and Technology Studies of Leiden University in The Netherlands, the ranking measures the impact of research publications and collaborations of universities around the world and is based on Web of Science indexed publications.
World’s top 25 universities for global research quality:
1. Harvard University, United States
2. University of Toronto, Canada
3. Zhejiang University, China
4. Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
5. University of Michigan, United States
6. Tsinghua University, China
7. Johns Hopkins University, United States
8. University of São Paulo, Brazil
9. Seoul National University, South Korea
10. Stanford University, United States
11. Peking University, China
12. University of Tokyo, Japan
13. University of Oxford, United Kingdom
14. University of Washington, United States
15. University College London, United Kingdom
16. University of California, Los Angeles, United States
17. Fudan University, China
18. Sichuan University, China
19. University of Pennsylvania, United States
20. Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
21. University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
22. University of British Columbia, Canada
23. University of Minnesota – Twin Cities, United States
24. University of Wisconsin – Madison, United States
25. Jilin University, China
Latest posts by Megan Batchelor
- Are You Using the Right Merchant Services Provider? - September 17, 2018
- How to Identify Forex Strategies That Work - September 14, 2018
- Factors You Need to Consider When Choosing an LMS Vendor - September 14, 2018