Bavaria’s capital, Munich has been named the best place to live in Germany, according to a study published by public broadcaster ZDF. Munich also has the lowest poverty rates and crime rates nationwide.
The study ranked every town in Germany based on three categories: work and living conditions; free time and nature; and health and security.
Home to the oldest university in Germany, Heidelberg ranked second on the list, followed by the wealthiest town per capita in Germany Starnberg and the UNESCO World Heritage town of Potsdam.
Following the UNESCO World Heritage town of Potsdam – in fifth, sixth and seventh place are all Bavarian cities and districts: Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Munich (district), and the town of Miesbach.
In 8th, 9th, and 10th place are the district of Oberallgäu; the Bad Tölz-Wolfsratshausen district; and the Baden-Württemberg city of Ulm, respectively. Ulm is also known for being the birthplace of Albert Einstein.
These Are The 10 Best Places To Live In Germany
- Munich (München)– the capital city of Bavaria, southern Germany.
- Heidelberg – is a college town in Baden-Württemberg.
- Starnberg – About 30 kilometers southwest of Munich, Starnberg is a town in Bavaria.
- Potsdam – the capital city of the German federal state of Brandenburg.
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen – a ski town in Bavaria, southern Germany.
- Munich (district)
- Miesbach – is the capital of the Miesbach district in Bavaria.
- Oberallgäu – a district in Swabia, Bavaria, southern Germany.
- Bad Tölz-Wolfsratshausen – a district in Bavaria.
- Ulm – a city in the federal German state of Baden-Württemberg.
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- Top 20 Small Universities In The World For 2018; Caltech Tops - August 13, 2018
- Top 20 Colleges In America With The Best Job And Career Placement Services, 2019 - August 10, 2018
- These US Cities Have The Most And The Least Student Loan Debt, 2018 - August 9, 2018
Leave a Reply
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or CEOWORLD magazine, and its owners. To contact the author of this story: email@example.com