Eighteen (18) universities were among Forbes magazine’s best employers in the United States list, and Harvard University, which placed 9th, was the highest ranked university. Magazine also named Harvard among its Best Employers for Diversity for 2018.
Stanford University earned the 15 spot while Duke University came in at #18 and Michigan State University at #281. Emory University ranked No. 39 on the list, followed by the University of North Texas (No. 40), the University of Miami (No. 55), Cornell University (No. 62), and the University of Virginia (No. 66).
Other universities that made the list included the University of South Carolina, the University of Nebraska – Lincoln, Washington University in Saint Louis, University of Minnesota – Twin Cities, Oregon Health & Science University, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, and Stony Brook University New York, and Vanderbilt University.
To determine the list, Forbes partnered with Statista and surveyed 30,000 Americans working for businesses with at least 1,000 employees. All the surveys were anonymous, allowing participants to openly share their opinions. Survey takers were asked to list their experiences on a scale of zero to 10.
- Harvard University (rank: 9)
- Stanford University (rank: 15)
- Duke University (rank: 18)
- Michigan State University (rank: 28)
- Emory University (rank: 39)
- The University of North Texas (rank: 40)
- University of Miami (rank: 55)
- Cornell University (rank: 62)
- The University of Virginia (rank: 66)
- The University of South Carolina (rank: 67)
- The University of Nebraska, Lincoln (rank: 115)
- Washington University in Saint Louis (rank: 130)
- The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (rank: 135)
- Oregon Health & Science University (rank: 145)
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (rank: 150)
- Stony Brook University, New York (rank: 152)
- Vanderbilt University (rank: 164)
- Iowa State University (rank: 166)
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- Reveled: Here Are The 5 Worst Industries To Work For In 2018 - July 20, 2018
- These Are The 20 Worst U.S. Cities To Drive In For 2018, Detroit, San Francisco, New York, Chicago and Los Angeles In Top 10 - July 19, 2018
- Revealed: The World’s 50 Best Airlines For 2018: Singapore And Qatar Tops - July 18, 2018