Forget Fiji, Maldives, and Switzerland; Akureyri, sits on the north coast under snowcapped peaks at the head of Iceland’s longest fjord, has been recognized as the worl’d best holiday destination, according to Guardian’s list of top 40 global holiday destinations – where to go on holiday in 2018 for British travellers. While Georgia’s Tbilisi and Palermo in Italy placed second and third, respectively.
The 2018 rankings placed Leeuwarden-Friesland, the Netherlands in fourth ahead of Russia into fifth; while Greece ranked sixth, and Flanders, Belgium seventh.
Overall, among the top 10 best holiday destinations to travel to in 2018 for British travellers, the eighth, ninth, and tenth positions are held by Paris, Malta’s Valletta, and Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
It’s also worth keeping an eye on the 60 must-visit luxury travel destinations for 2018.
Top 40 global holiday destinations: where to go on holiday in 2018 for UK travellers.
- Akureyri, Iceland
- Tbilisi, Georgia
- Palermo, Italy
- Leeuwarden-Friesland, the Netherlands
- Flanders, Belgium
- Paris, France
- Valletta, Malta
- Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Bratislava, Slovakia
- Valencia, Spain
- Cairo, Egypt
- Fez, Morocco
- South Africa
- Scottish Highlands, United Kingdom
- Norfolk, United Kingdom
- Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
- Newcastle-Gateshead, United Kingdom
- Dundee, United Kingdom
- Liverpool, United Kingdom
- Pyeongchang, South Korea
- Rishikesh, India
- Taipei, Taiwan
- Toronto, Canada
- New Orleans, United States
- Civil rights route (The American South), United States
- Harlem, New York, United States
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Queensland, Australia
- Perth, Australia
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- Revealed: 5 Least Socially Inclusive Universities In The UK, 2018 - September 25, 2018
- Ranked: The Most (And The Least) Fun Cities In The United States For 2018 - September 24, 2018
- The 10 Best Cities To Live In The United States, 2018 Ranking - September 21, 2018