South Korea’s eastern city of Gangneun tops the list of of trending destinations for short-term vacation rentals for 2018, according to Airbnb, followed by the seaside town of Bournemouth in the United Kingdom and Alberta’s capital Edmonton.
Gangeung has seen an incredible 2,175% increase in bookings over the past year. Columbus, OH (254%) came in sixth on the trending destinations list, behind Indianapolis Columbus, OH (256%) and Vietnam’s Da Nang Columbus, OH (255%).
The World’s Top 20 Trending Destinations For Short-Term Vacation Rentals For 2018:
- Gangneung, South Korea: 2,175%
- Bournemouth, United Kingdom: 353%
- Edmonton, Alberta, Canada: 284%
- Indianapolis, United States: 256%
- Da Nang, Vietnam: 255%
- Columbus, OH, United States: 254%
- Gazimagusa, Cyprus: 234%
- Bilbao, Spain: 234%
- Hanoi, Vietnam: 212%
- Matinhos, Brazil: 209%
- Cardiff, United Kingdom: 206%
- Guarapari, Brazil: 205%
- Minneapolis, United States: 193%
- Oita, Japan: 190%
- Dunedin, New Zealand: 185%
- Mar del Plata, Argentina: 181%
- Fernie, British Columbia, Canada: 179%
- Zagreb, Croatia: 175%
- Mykonos, Greece: 173%
- Mazatlan, Mexico: 169%
What’s been trending overall this year?