It may or may not come as a surprise that 8 of Europe’s top 20 universities are in the United Kingdom, according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
Britain’s got talent …
The University of Oxford has been named the best European university for 2018, the University of Cambridge — came second, and Imperial College London came third best in Europe.
In the top 20 Universities in Europe, Germany and the Netherlands are second to the United Kingdom with 4 universities each, followed by Switzerland (2 universities), and Sweden (1 university), and Belgium (1 university).
Out of the overall index of 404 universities, the United Kingdom is home to 92 institutions in the league table, while Germany is the next most-represented European country, with 44 institutions.
Europe’s Top 20 Universities, 2018
- University of Oxford, UK (1)
- University of Cambridge, UK (2)
- Imperial College London, UK (8)
- ETH Zurich – Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, Switzerland (10)
- University College London, UK (16)
- London School of Economics and Political Science, UK (25)
- University of Edinburgh, UK (27)
- LMU Munich, Germany (34)
- King’s College London, UK (36)
- École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland (38)
- Karolinska Institute, Sweden (38)
- Technical University of Munich, Germany (41)
- Heidelberg University, Germany (45)
- KU Leuven, Belgium (47)
- University of Manchester, UK (54)
- University of Amsterdam, Netherlands (59)
- Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany (62)
- Delft University of Technology, Netherlands (63)
- Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands (63)
- Leiden University, Netherlands (67)
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- Why CEOs of Companies Have a Habit of Reading Books? - September 20, 2018
- Report: The Least (And The Most) Diverse States In The U.S. For 2018 - September 19, 2018
- Top 20 Richest Sports Team Owners In The World, 2018 - September 18, 2018