New York University has the largest number of international students studying at U.S. colleges and universities, according to the Institute of International Education (IIE) in the institute’s 2017 Open Doors Report.
New York University hosted 17,326 international students, followed by University of Southern California with 14,327 students, Columbia University (14,096 international students), Northeastern University- Boston (13,201 international students), and Arizona State University- Tempe (13,164 international students).
The University of Illinois- Urbana-Champaign had the sixth largest number of international students in the country with 12,454 foreign students
The top states for international students remained unchanged last year, with California topping the list followed by New York, Texas and Massachusetts.
Almost half of the foreign students studying in the U.S. are from China or India – these are the top 15 countries of origin for international students in the United States.
Top 10 U.S. colleges with the highest number of international students for 2016-2017
- New York University: 17,326
- University of Southern California: 14,327
- Columbia University: 14,096
- Northeastern University- Boston: 13,201
- Arizona State University- Tempe: 13,164
- University of Illinois- Urbana-Champaign: 12,454
- University of California- Los Angeles: 12,199
- Purdue University: 11,288
- University of Texas- Dallas: 9,305
- Penn State University- University Park: 9,134
Top universities hosting international students
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- Top 20 Small Universities In The World For 2018; Caltech Tops - August 13, 2018
- Top 20 Colleges In America With The Best Job And Career Placement Services, 2019 - August 10, 2018
- These US Cities Have The Most And The Least Student Loan Debt, 2018 - August 9, 2018
Leave a Reply
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or CEOWORLD magazine, and its owners. To contact the author of this story: email@example.com