Among the best higher education institutions in the world ranked by U.S. News, it comes as no surprise that a few of those universities are right here in Ireland.
Overall, 8 Irish Universities made the cut.
Trinity College Dublin, has been recognized as the best university in the world for 2018, while the University College Dublin and University College Cork placed second and third, respectively.
The 2018 best universities in Ireland rankings placed NUI Galway in 4th ahead of Dublin City University into 5th; while Maynooth University ranked 6th, and Royal College of Surgeons – Ireland 7th.
Out of top 8 best Irish universities, the University of Limerick ranked No. 8th.
US News & World looked at nearly 1,250 universities – across 74 countries. The top 4 spots are held by U.S. universities, with Harvard at No. 1. MIT comes in at No. 2, followed by Stanford at No. 3 and Berkeley at No. 4. The University of Oxford rounds out the top five.
Top Universities in Ireland
- Trinity College Dublin (Overall rank: 227)
- University College Dublin (Overall rank: 257)
- University College Cork (Overall rank: 450)
- NUI Galway (Overall rank: 518)
- Dublin City University (Overall rank: 721)
- Maynooth University (Overall rank: 765)
- Royal College of Surgeons – Ireland, Dublin (Overall rank: 776)
- University of Limerick (Overall rank: 849)
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- Top 20 Small Universities In The World For 2018; Caltech Tops - August 13, 2018
- Top 20 Colleges In America With The Best Job And Career Placement Services, 2019 - August 10, 2018
- These US Cities Have The Most And The Least Student Loan Debt, 2018 - August 9, 2018
Leave a Reply
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or CEOWORLD magazine, and its owners. To contact the author of this story: firstname.lastname@example.org