Sorry, Harvard, Stanford, and Caltech. This week, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) was named the No. 1 college in the United States by WalletHub study, beating out institutions like Columbia, UC Berkeley, Duke, and Dartmouth.
Princeton University ranked number 2 on the list, followed by Harvard University and Stanford University, and California Institute of Technology (Caltech).
Magazine named Yale University as number six on the list, followed by Duke University, and the University of Pennsylvania.
Columbia University and Rice University round out the list at nine and ten, respectively.
The research firm focused on 26 key categories at roughly 1,000 institutions across the country. They calculated student selectivity, cost, career outcomes and post-attendance median salary.
Top 20 Colleges & Universities in America, 2018
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Princeton University
- Harvard University
- Stanford University
- California Institute of Technology (Caltech)
- Yale University
- Duke University
- University of Pennsylvania
- Columbia University
- Rice University
- University of California–Berkeley
- Harvey Mudd College
- Johns Hopkins University
- Brown University
- Pomona College
- University of Notre Dame
- Dartmouth College
- Vanderbilt University
- Williams College
- University of Chicago
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- The 10 Best Cities To Live In The United States, 2018 Ranking - September 21, 2018
- Why CEOs of Companies Have a Habit of Reading Books? - September 20, 2018
- Report: The Least (And The Most) Diverse States In The U.S. For 2018 - September 19, 2018