Pollution is killing more people every year than natural disasters, war, smoking, or hunger, according to the Lancet medical journal’s study. More than AIDS, tuberculosis, and malaria combined.
An estimated 9 million people died worldwide in 2015 due to diseases caused by pollution, with India and China contributing to 5.4 million of the pollution-related mortalities
With 2.51 million deaths worldwide, India has been ranked No. 1 in pollution related deaths, followed by china (1.8 million) – keep in mind: China and India is also the two most populated country of the world.
With 311,189, Pakistan had the 3rd-highest number of pollution deaths after India (1.81 million).
Air pollution is linked to 6.5 million fatalities, Water pollution, responsible for 1.8 million deaths, and workplace-related pollution, which led to 0.8 million deaths.
These are the 10 countries with the highest number of pollution-related deaths in the world
- India: 2,515,518 (24.5% of all deaths)
- China: 1,838,251 (19.5% of all deaths)
- Pakistan: 311,189 (21.9% of all deaths)
- Bangladesh: 260,836 (26.6% of all deaths)
- Nigeria: 257,093 (18.7% of all deaths)
- Indonesia: 211,896 (13.5% of all deaths)
- Russia: 172,536 (8.6% of all deaths)
- United States: 155,155 (5.7% of all deaths)
- Ethiopia: 129,450 (19.1% of all deaths)
- Democratic Republic of the Congo: 123,942 (18% of all deaths)
Infographic: These are the 10 countries with the highest number of pollution-related deaths in the world
The US is the only developed country in the top 10. It ranks at number eight.
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- Top 20 Small Universities In The World For 2018; Caltech Tops - August 13, 2018
- Top 20 Colleges In America With The Best Job And Career Placement Services, 2019 - August 10, 2018
- These US Cities Have The Most And The Least Student Loan Debt, 2018 - August 9, 2018
Leave a Reply
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or CEOWORLD magazine, and its owners. To contact the author of this story: email@example.com