At $2.6 trillion, the combined wealth of China’s 2,130 richest people is roughly the same size as the GDP of the United Kingdom – the world’s 5th largest economy.
With a fortune of $43 billion, Xu Jiayin, also known as Hui Ka Yan, chairman of real estate developer Guangzhou Evergrande Group, has emerged as wealthiest man in China, according to the Hurun report. Pony Ma Huateng, founder and CEO of Tencent took the 2nd spot on the list, with a net worth of $37 billion.
Alibaba’s Jack Ma took third place with a net worth of $30 billion, followed by Country Garden’s Yang Huiyan (net worth: $24 billion) and real estate magnate Wang Jianlin (net worth: $23 billion).
According to Hurun rankings, a Chinese equivalent to the US magazine Forbes list, the number of Chinese billionaires in dollars soared from just 53 to 647 in just a year. More than 2,000 Chinese people have amassed wealth of over $300 million.
Top 10 Richest People In China, 2017
- 1) Xu Jiayin (Evergrande Group) – $43 billion
- 2) Pony Ma Huateng (Tencent) – $37 billion
- 3) Jack Ma (Alibaba) – $30 billion
- 4) Yang Huiyan (Country Garden) – $24 billion
- 5) Wang Jianlin (Dalian Wanda ) – $23 billion
- 6) Wang Wei (SF) $22 billion
- 7) Li Yanhong & Ma Dongmin (Baidu) – $19 billion
- =8) He Xiangjian & He Jianfeng (Midea) – $17 billion
- =8) Yan Hao & family (China Pacific Construction) – $17 billion
- =10) Ding Lei (Netease) – $16 billion
- =10) Li Shufu & Li Xingxing (Geely) – $16 billion
Infographic: Top 10 Richest People In China, 2017
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- Top 20 Small Universities In The World For 2018; Caltech Tops - August 13, 2018
- Top 20 Colleges In America With The Best Job And Career Placement Services, 2019 - August 10, 2018
- These US Cities Have The Most And The Least Student Loan Debt, 2018 - August 9, 2018
Leave a Reply
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or CEOWORLD magazine, and its owners. To contact the author of this story: email@example.com