Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA) was named the 21st best business school in the world for 2017 and NO. 1 in India in an annual ranking by the CEOWORLD magazine. The list, released last week, names France’s INSEAD Business School as the best on the planet, but the U.S. quickly catches up with the Wharton in second spot, Harvard in third, followed by MIT Sloan School of Management.
India’s first placement comes in the 21nd spot, with Indian Institute of Management (IIMA). Other Indian business schools in the top 100 include Faculty of Management Studies – FMS Delhi at 38, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) at 44, Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI – Jamshedpur) at 89, and Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC) at 91 .
The CEOWORLD magazine, which compiles the rankings, said that margins were extremely tight, with all the top-ranked business schools excelling against measures in academic reputation, research, citations, specialisations, global reputation, and influence.
IIM Ahmedabad was ranked as the 21st best business school on the list of more than 100 academic institutions – both public and private. The institution climbed 4 spots compared to last year’s rankings.
The study also notes that IIM Ahmedabad, consistently the country’s top-ranking business school, has a number of notable professors and alumni, including Arvind Subramanian, Raghuram Rajan, and MasterCard’s Ajay Singh Banga.
The Top 5 Business Schools In India For 2017:
- Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad – IIMA
Global rank: 21
Notable professors and alumni, including Arvind Subramanian, Raghuram Rajan, and MasterCard’s Ajay Singh Banga.
- Faculty of Management Studies – FMS Delhi
Global rank: 38
Notable professors and alumni, including Harit Nagpal- MD & CEO, Tata Sky Ltd; Raghav Bahl, Managing Director, Network 18; and Sandip Das- Managing Director, Reliance Jio Infocomm.
- Indian Institute of Management Bangalore – IIMB
Global rank: 44
Notable professors and alumni, including Damodar Mall, CEO at Reliance Retail; Deepak Ohri, CEO at Lebua Hotels & Resorts; and Sameer Suneja, Global CEO at Perfetti Van Melle.
- Xavier Labour Relations Institute – XLRI – Jamshedpur
Global rank: 89
Notable professors and alumni, including Mindtree’s Krishnakumar Natarajan, B Muthuraman (Vice-Chairman at Tata Steel), and Vineet Nayar, CEO at HCL Technologies.
- Indian Institute of Management Calcutta – IIMC
Global rank: 91
Notable professors and alumni, including Britannia’s Sunil Alagh, Rediff CEO Ajit Balakrishnan, Ashish Chauhan of Bombay Stock Exchange, and PepsiCo’s Indra Nooyi.
The Top 10 Business Schools In The World For 2017:
- INSEAD Business School
- Wharton School – University of Pennsylvania
- Harvard Business School
- MIT Sloan School of Management
- London Business School
- Haas School of Business, University of California Berkeley
- Columbia Business School
- Iese Business School
- Stanford Graduate School of Business
- Yale School of Management
Full list: Top 100 Business Schools In The World For 2017.
Latest posts by Aimee Lee Webber
- 5 Unexpected Costs You Could Encounter Whilst Running A Business - September 20, 2018
- These Are The Top 10 U.S. Cities To Live If You’re Trying To Save Money, 2018 - September 13, 2018
- A Comprehensive Outline About Choosing Your Pool Fence - August 30, 2018