Unsurprisingly, Pace University in New York, came in as the safest college in the U.S., according to college-housing website Rent College Pads, which analyzed over 500 institutions to compile their 2017 ranking based on the least amount of crime per capita. Columbia College in Missouri was ranked the 2nd safest, with Park University in Missouri coming in 3rd and the New School in lower Manhattan coming in 4th.
BYU-Idaho ranked No. 5 on list of the 20 safest colleges and universities in the U.S., with less than 43 on-campus crimes committed from 2011-2015.
Other colleges and universities rounding out the top 10 list include the University of North Georgia, Saint Leo University, Nova Southeastern University, New York University and Southern New Hampshire University.
The 20 safest colleges and universities in the U.S.
- Pace University-New York (Crime Index: 1,415:1)
- Columbia College (Crime Index: 1,203:1)
- Park University (Crime Index: 1,037:1)
- The New School (Crime Index: 750:1)
- Brigham Young University-Idaho (Crime Index: 747:1)
- University of North Georgia (Crime Index: 710:1)
- Saint Leo University (Crime Index: 695:1)
- Nova Southeastern University (Crime Index: 675:1)
- New York University (Crime Index: 664:1)
- Southern New Hampshire University (Crime Index: 612:1)
- University of Wisconsin-La Crosse (Crime Index: 582:1)
- Weber State University (Crime Index: 526:1)
- Utah State University (Crime Index: 499:1)
- Grand Canyon University (Crime Index: 485:1)
- Northern Kentucky University (Crime Index: 449:1)
- Brigham Young University-Provo (Crime Index: 448:1)
- The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (Crime Index: 423:1)
- Florida Gulf Coast University (Crime Index: 386:1)
- Rutgers University-Newark (Crime Index: 363:1)
- Texas Woman’s University (Crime Index: 350:1)
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- Top 20 Small Universities In The World For 2018; Caltech Tops - August 13, 2018
- Top 20 Colleges In America With The Best Job And Career Placement Services, 2019 - August 10, 2018
- These US Cities Have The Most And The Least Student Loan Debt, 2018 - August 9, 2018
Leave a Reply
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or CEOWORLD magazine, and its owners. To contact the author of this story: email@example.com