When the Boss Goes On Vacation: 5 Favorite Vacation Spots from 5 CEOs
From the perspective of the employee, it feels like the boss can take a vacation whenever he/she wants, but in truth, it’s much more complicated than that.
However, even the most diligent of CEOs do need their vacations from time to time just like everyone else. In order to shed light on where is it exactly that those big guns go on their vacations, let’s look at five of the destinations that the top CEOs prefer, as stated by themselves.
- Carneros, California (Niccolo de Masi – Chairman and CEO of Glu Mobile)Right in-between Napa and Sonoma Valley, Carneros has some absolutely breathtaking views that de Masi enjoys, along with the local chardonnay and the pinot noir.
The CEO and Chairman of the multi-million dollar mobile gaming company also stresses the fact that Carneros is surprisingly less crowded than one would expect. A perfect spot for a romantic weekend, it isn’t hard to see why the newly-wed CEO likes it so much.
- Hawaii (Steven Zylstra – President & CEO of Arizona Technology Council)A big Harley Davidson aficionado, Steven Zylstra loves cruising on a rented Harley through the three islands of Kauai, Maui and Big Island with his wife. His favorite activities include hiking through the Napoli Coast and the drives that lead to Volcano National Park and Heavenly Hana. Of course, while they are there, he and his wife doesn’t shy away from snorkeling and sun bathing either.
- France (Nancy Ham – CEO of WebPT)CEO of the number one physiotherapy software in the world, Nancy Ham finds France to be the most relaxing place on this planet. She would often go to Provence, Luberon with her friends to enjoy the sunshine, food and red wine. She mentions that the combination of the simplicity and exuberating beauty of the villages here are relaxing and exciting at the same time.
- Corfu Greece (Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj, CEO and founder of CEOWORLD magazine)
Corfu, is a great escape from the daily grind of running [my company]. It’s the perfect combination of culture, history, and relaxation. You’ll even find locals playing cricket. Known as the “Jewel of the Ionian”, Corfu is the gateway to an idyllic yacht charter destination in Greece. Relax in a coffee shop and watch the locals stroll by, or pull up a stool at one of the local pubs and strike up a conversation with a resident.
- Antarctica (Healey Cypher – Co-founder and CEO of Oak Labs)Antarctica is usually not the kind of place where we imagine CEOs to be vacationing out to, but Healey Cypher loves the isolation and the adventure which it offers. While the climate and the conditions are inhospitable to say the least, once you do get there via the violent waters of Drake’s Passage, there are a lot of adventures and lifetime experiences to be had there. Floating icebergs, white, glistening snow, orcas, humpbacks and penguins remind you that you are no longer in a world you are familiar with.
- Rocky Point, Mexico (Todd Bankofier – CEO of AudioEye)When Todd Bankofier decides to go on a vacation, he makes sure that his cell phone is not only switched off, but he cannot contact his office even if he wants to! At the remotest parts of Rocky Point in Mexico, there’s mostly no cell phone or internet, just some beautiful beaches and friendly locals. However, since it isn’t the most developed part of Mexico, it’s best if you take all necessary precautions before driving over from Arizona.
While all of us are not exactly CEOs, there’s nothing really stopping us from checking out any of these places if we want to. All you need is a good travel blog to guide you, an adventurous mind and maybe a traveling partner or two. The only advice to keep in mind is you need to do a little bit of research first, before heading over to any new place. It saves you money and gives you a rough idea of what to expect.
Latest posts by Boris Dzhingarov (see all)
- Why Luxury Brands Need To Change Their SEO Strategy? - 09/19/2017
- Successful Business Leaders Will Never Do These 5 Things - 09/19/2017
- Taking a Glimpse into the Future of SEO - 08/08/2017