If you are interested in pursuing a career in game designing, CEOWORLD magazine, the world’s leading business publication, released a ranking of the colleges and universities in America to study game design, 2017. To put together its list ,CEOWORLD magazine looked at 80 American institutions that offer game design programs.
According to The Entertainment Software Association (ESA), the U.S. computer and video game industry generated $30.4 billion in revenue in 2016. Video game developers and designers are in very high demand, and colleges and universities striving to meet this demand. So, what are the best institutions in the United States to study game design?
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) has been named as the best institution in the United States to study game design. Rochester Institute of Technology is listed 2nd out of the top 30 colleges and universities, followed by New York University and the University of Southern California.
Best colleges and universities in America to study game design, 2017
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Cambridge, MA) (Score: 98.7)
- Rochester Institute of Technology (Rochester, NY) (Score: 98.5)
- New York University (Brooklyn, NY) (Score: 98.2)
- University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) (Score: 97.8)
- DigiPen Institute of Technology (Redmond, WA) (Score: 97.3)
- University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) (Score: 96.8)
- Drexel University (Philadelphia, PA) (Score: 96.2)
- Becker College (Worcester, MA) (Score: 96.1)
- Michigan State University (East Lansing, MI) (Score: 95.3)
- Hampshire College (Amherst, MA) (Score: 94.7)
- Bradley University (Peoria, IL) (Score: 93.8)
- Champlain College (Burlington, VT) (Score: 93.6)
- University of Wisconsin-Stout (Menomonie, WI) (Score: 93.4)
- Northeastern University (Boston, MA) (Score: 93.1)
- DePaul University (Chicago, IL) (Score: 92.9)
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute (Worcester, MA) (Score: 92.7)
- Abertay University (Dundee, Scotland) (Score: 92.5)
- The University of Texas at Dallas (Richardson, TX) (Score: 92.2)
- University of California-Santa Cruz (Santa Cruz, CA) (Score: 91.7)
- Savannah College of Art and Design (Savannah, GA) (Score: 91.6)
- 21 Miami University (Oxford, OH) (Score: 91.4)
- American University (Washington, DC) (Score: 91.2)
- Shawnee State University (Portsmouth, OH) (Score: 90.7)
- The Ohio State University—Columbus (Columbus, OH) (Score: 90.5)
- University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) (Score: 90.1)
- University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL) (Score: 88.6)
- Texas A&M University (College Station, TX) (Score: 88.3)
- Full Sail University (Winter Park, FL) (Score: 88.1)
- Sacred Heart University (Fairfield, CT) (Score: 87.4)
- Ferris State University (Big Rapids, MI) (Score: 87.1)
The best colleges and universities in America to study game design, 2017 by the CEOWORLD magazine is based on six major indicators of quality, overall Score (100%) is the sum of:
1) Academic reputation
2) Admission eligibility
3) Job placement rate
4) Recruiter feedback
6) Reputation and influence
Data for these indicators was collected from publicly available sources, university’s website, our research, and survey. It measures the quality of education, job placements of students, and the recruiters feedback, without relying on university data submissions. Students, industry professionals, and recruiters were asked to rate universities on a scale of 1 “marginal” to 100 “outstanding” or “don’t know.”
However, this is by no means a comprehensive list, while the universities above are the “CEOWORLD magazine’s best colleges and universities in America to study game design, 2017,” there may be many other universities that offer excellent programs.
* This rankings should not be viewed as the most important aspect when choosing a university, and are simply one element to consider.
* The top-ranked university receives 100 points.
* The rankings are the result of a rigorous analytical exercise, incorporating multiple data sources, without relying on university data submissions.
* Detailed survey data and information collected directly from 90,000 individuals, across 6 data points.
* Surveys completed by 38,000 students, 32,000 industry professionals, and 20,000 recruiters.
* Magazine surveyed 90,000 people between 11th February and 16th May 2017.
*The overall score are numerical scores given to the universities based on students, industry professionals, and recruiter feedback — measuring the quality of the university. Overall scores are out of 100.
More details about the “Best colleges and universities in America to study game design, 2017” – Email email@example.com
The margin of sampling error for the full sample of 96,000 respondents is plus or minus 1.3 percentage points. In addition to sampling error, one should bear in mind that as in all survey research, there are possible sources of error—such as coverage, nonresponse and measurement error——that could affect the results.
Latest posts by Amy Grant
- How To Get A Home Loan With Negative Credit? - 04/17/2018
- How to Find Good Investors for the Small Business - 04/17/2018
- Summer 2018: Luxury Retreats That’ll Give You That Much-Needed Break - 04/17/2018