Unsurprisingly, Saudi Arabia’s King Abdulaziz University (KAU) has been ranked number one among the 28 best universities in the Arab world for 2017, according to a study made by the Times Higher Education Rankings, and the King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM) came in 2nd place.
Saudi Arabia’s King Saud University and Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research in UAE are placed third and fourth respectively, followed by Qatar University in fifth and United Arab Emirates University in sixth.
Sidi Mohamed Ben Abdellah University in Morocco came in last place at 28th.
Overall 11 countries feature in the 2017 university ranking for the Arab region. A large number of universities on the list are in Egypt, but schools in Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Jordan, Tunisia, and the UAE are also prominent.
The most-represented country in the table goes to Egypt, with 8 universities altogether.
Saudi Arabia is next, with 4 universities — Jordan, Morocco, and the United Arab Emirates each have 3 universities, followed by Tunisia with 2.
However, three of the top five universities on the list were in Saudi Arabia: King Abdulaziz University (KAU) in Jeddah, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM in Thuwal), and King Saud University in Riyadh.
At the other end of the spectrum, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Algeria, and Qatar all have one university included among the top 28.
The 28 best universities in the Arab world, 2017
- King Abdulaziz University (KAU), Saudi Arabia
- King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM), Saudi Arabia
- King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
- Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research, United Arab Emirates
- Qatar University, Qatar
- United Arab Emirates University, United Arab Emirates
- American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- Jordan University of Science and Technology, Jordan
- Alfaisal University, Saudi Arabia
- Kuwait University, Kuwait
- Suez Canal University, Egypt
- Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
- American University in Cairo, Egypt
- American University of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
- Sohag University, Egypt
- Alexandria University, Egypt
- University of Marrakech Cadi Ayyad, Morocco
- Cairo University, Egypt
- University of Jordan, Jordan
- South Valley University, Egypt
- Mohammed V University of Rabat, Morocco
- Mansoura University, Egypt
- Hashemite University, Jordan
- University of Tlemcen, Algeria
- Ain Shams University, Egypt
- University of Tunis El Manar, Tunisia
- University of Monastir, Tunisia
- Sidi Mohamed Ben Abdellah University, Morocco
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- The 10 Best Cities To Live In The United States, 2018 Ranking - September 21, 2018
- Why CEOs of Companies Have a Habit of Reading Books? - September 20, 2018
- Report: The Least (And The Most) Diverse States In The U.S. For 2018 - September 19, 2018