Cambodia’s famed Angkor Wat has been named as the best-rated landmark in the world for 2017, as determined by TripAdvisor, the world’s most popular travel site. Coming in 2nd place worldwide is the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi, followed by the more ancient Mezquita Cathedral de Cordoba in Spain.
The best-rated landmark in India is the Taj Mahal – ranked No. 5 worldwide – while San Francisco’s Golden Gate Bridge came top of the pile in America, with a global ranking of 11th.
In at fourth place is St Peter’s Basilica in Vatican City in Italy, followed by the Taj Mahal in India and the Church of the Savior on Blood in St Petersburg, Russia.
Rounding out the top 10 are Great Wall at Mutianyu, Machu Picchu, Plaza de Espana, and Duomo di Milano.
World’s best landmarks for 2017 revealed
- Angkor Wat, Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Centre, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Mezquita Cathedral de Cordoba, Cordoba, Spain
- St. Peter’s Basilica, Vatican City, Italy
- Taj Mahal, Agra, India
- Church of the Savior on Blood, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Great Wall at Mutianyu, Beijing, China
- Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu, Peru
- Plaza de Espana, Seville, Spain
- Duomo di Milano, Milan, Italy
- Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco, California
- Lincoln Memorial, Washington DC, District of Columbia
- Eiffel Tower, Paris, France
- Parliament, Budapest, Hungary
- Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris, France
- Corcovado Christ the Redeemer, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Big Ben, London, United Kingdom
- Acropolis, Athens, Greece
- Main Market Square, Krakow, Poland
- El Ateneo Grand Splendid, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Temple of the Reclining Buddha (Wat Pho), Bangkok, Thailand
- Burj Khalifa, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine, Kyoto, Japan
- Ruinas Mayas de Tulum, Tulum, Mexico
- Sydney Opera House, Sydney, Australia
Best Landmarks in the world For 2017