With an estimated fortune of £16.2 billion, Hinduja brothers – Srichand and Gopichand, have been ranked the richest people in the UK, according to the new Sunday Times Rich List for 2017.
Taking second position is Len Blavatnik (Soviet emigre and music and industry tycoon) with an estimated fortune of £15.982 billion, followed by the brothers David and Simon Reuben, with a fortune of £14 billion.
This year’s 20 wealthiest individuals and families are worth £191.765 billion and have increased their cumulative wealth by £35.175 billion in the past 12 months, according to the annual list. There are 134 billionaires based in the UK, 14 more than last year.
Lakshmi Mittal and family are 4th and boast the biggest increase in wealth within the past 12 months, having added more than £6 billion to their £13.229 billion fortune.
Taking 5th position is Alisher Usmanov, 63, who has a 30% stake in football club Arsenal, with a fortune of £11.791 billion.
British Billionaires: 10 Richest People In The UK For 2017
- Sri and Gopi Hinduja – £16.2 billion
- Len Blavatnik – £15.982 billion
- David and Simon Reuben – £14 billion
- Lakshmi Mittal and family – £13.229 billion
- Alisher Usmanov – £11.791 billion
- Ernesto and Kirsty Bertarelli £11.5 billion
- Guy, George and Galen Jr Weston and family £10.5 billion
- Kirsten and Jorn Rausing £9.6 billion
- The Duke of Westminster £9.52 billion
- Charlene de Carvalho-Heineken and Michel de Carvalho £9.3 billion