Spain was rated the most tourism-friendly destination on Earth, followed by the France in second place and then Germany in third, according to the WEF’s Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Report 2017.
Japan took fourth place, followed closely by the United Kingdomg, US and Australia in fifth, sixth and seventh place respectively. Italy scored 8th, Canada soared to 9th and Switzerland rounded out the top ten. The United States was surpassed by Japan and the U.K. in this year’s rankings of most tourism-friendly nations.
The report also noted that India moved up 12 places and now ranks 40th among 136 countries globally – this is the largest leap made by any nation in the top 50.
With 84.5 million visitors, France topped the list of foreign tourist arrivals, followed by the US (77.5 million), Spain (68.2 million), China (56.9 million), and Italy (50.7 million).
Here are the top 50 most tourism-friendly nations in the world for 2017:
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
Top Ten Countries with the Largest Travel and Tourism Industries:
The United States has a $488 billion travel and tourism industry — the largest in the world.
- United States – $488 billion
- China – $224 billion
- Germany – $130.8 billion
- Japan – $106.7 billion
- United Kingdom – $103.7 billion
- France – $89.2 billion
- Mexico – $79.7 billion
- Italy – $76.3 billion
- Spain – $68.8 billion
- Brazil – $56.3 billion
Countries Most Reliant on Travel and Tourism Industries
Malta and Croatia’s economy ar most reliant on travel and tourism industry, with just 15% of their gross domestic product coming from visitors. Thailand and Jamaica come in third and fourth place, respectively.
- Malta – 15% of its GDP
- Croatia – 15% of its GDP
- Thailand – 9.3% of its GDP
- Jamaica – 8.9% of its GDP
- Iceland – 8.2% of its GDP
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- These Are The 20 Highest-Paid Political Leaders In The World In 2018 - 04/24/2018
- Top 20 best summer vacation destinations in the United States, 2018 - 04/23/2018
- These Are The 20 Most Overrated Books of All Time, And Yes, List Include Bible, Ernest Hemingway, Paulo Coelho, And Mark Twain - 04/23/2018